I went in for outpatient gallbladder sugery on May 21, 2009. They released from the hospital with a draining tube, called something like Jackson Tube. I was back in the ER by the following morning, with sever pains, that were causing me to go into sweats and black-out. Also, the liquids that were draining into the tube were also soaking my clothes. The hospital admitted, and on May 23rd, after being in the hospital for a day and a half, my doctor visited my room. He immediately stated that he was sending me for an emergency surgery that day. That surgery did not go well either, so I had to go in for a third surgery on the May 26th and then was released from the hospital on the following day. I never got straight answers on what went wrong during my first two surgeries, but I really hope that no-one has to go through an ordeal as I did. I still do not have straight answers and I am requesting all medical records from the hospital. My symptoms after the surgery have consisted of severe abdominal pain, that they will not give me medication for, prolems with BM's unless I take laxatives, and a lot of belching. The doctors had not given me any cons with this type of surgery, they simply said its easy and nothing to worry about would be back to work within 2-3 days, which I was out for over 2 weeks. Anyone who has to have this surgery make sure you get a second opioion, find out all information about the surgery, and make sure the doctor is creditable, because mine was not. Before I went in for my second surgery, I ran into a lady at the hospital who was there because of her husband, and come to find out, ever since he had his gallbladder taken out a few months back, (by the same doctor), he has been in the hospital 5 times since.

As far as I can tell there may be an issue with having gone to this doctor because your recovery is not very typical. Can you please let us know what's been going on and how you'er doing? Are oyu planning on going to see another doctor or get a second opeinoin? I think it would be a very good idea for you to do that. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!