I had gall bladder removal 2.5 years ago. I've had a few episodes of pain exactly like the pain before it was removed. The last episode I was concerned about heart instead of gall bladder so I went to ER. Stayed 2 days. Every possible test was run for heart - all normal. I'm having another very painful episode now but I'm wondering if this could be normal in some people. I don't want to go back to ER and go through all that again if it's to be expected in some people.

Mine was a year ago in April. I'm having the same problem. Pain in my back beneath my shoulder blade and pain in right upper quadrant where incision is. I am really swollen and bloated too. It's like I never had my gallbladder removed. I also did have terrible heartburn and reflux. I went to the doctor and he told me it was not related. It might not be but I never had a problem until after my gallbladder was removed. I also had a hysterectomy a year before the gallbladder surgery. Prior to that, over the past ten years I have had five surgeries due to cysts on my ovaries. I have wondered if my stomach is just full of scar tissue. I have also wondered if I have pancraitis. I really don't have the money to go to millions of doctors and have millions of tests. Even with health insurance I am swamped with bills. I just don't know what this pain is.

My wife had her GB removed in Febuary this year and now it's October and she is still in severe pain and has had 4 attacks this week alone. The only way she gets rid of it is to actually vomit everything in her stomuch out until bile comes up. Only then does it go but she feels like c**p for a day or two afterwards. I read somewhere that a practisioner or surgen said its a very good chance its something to do with BILE SALT which is causing this pain. Does anyone else have any info on this...?

I had mine out 1 1/2 years ago and have had on and off horrible pain and now just had an ovarion cyst burst and pain is back bad as ever all on right side. Just had another hida scan for nothing. What other tests have u had?