i was released from the hospital yesterday minimal tenderness even now , ive been walking around fine .. today i noticed under my navel in the morning a small dark gray.maroon ish bruise , and tonight it seems to have spread out a bit further but its lighter as its further out, is this normal , should i worry? there isnt extra soreness , since i have noticed it ,. thanks !

It is completely normal. Takes a day or so for the bruising to appear. I am on day 5 now and the bruising is yellow (healing). Imagine if you bump your leg, the bruise does not appear that instant, takes a day or so. Same thing.

Mine was my whole entire stomach and it looked like the country of Australia! I wish I could post a picture. No one else that I know of bruised that badly.

We just noticed the same thing on my boyfriend, he has a HUGE bruise from his side coming around to where punctures are. Reading on here its normal...

I have that right now, glad to hear I'm not alone. My whole stomach under my belly button is black-and=blue

Mine is above belly button. Glad it's normal. It really hurts.

Just had my gallbladder out today. 5 hours after getting home I notice that I am bruised from side to side an above an below belly button. Glad this is normal.

I done the same thing, the whole bottom of my belly was bad!

New Member
1 post
Believe it or not, I had my surgery on May 7th, it is now Sept. 20th and the one spot he operated on on my side where he pulled out my Gall Bladder is still bruised a little!