I wanted to know if it was safe to have sex after gallbladder surgery, and how long should I wait?

I had my gall bladder removed 1 week ago and I had my follow-up appointment today. I asked the Dr. how soon was it safe for sex? She said as soon as I was comfortable with it.

Good luck.

I took out my gallbladder on December 17, 2007 and was told by my doctor to wait two months before resuming sex. I guess it depend on the gender.

Why did you have to wait 2 months after surgery to have sex? Also, what other limitations did you have? Lifting? Foods not to eat?
I am just about 6 weeks post op from a vaginal hysterectomy and I am not looking forward to another surgery in the next week or 2. i will be getting my gall bladder out after I meet with the surgeon tomorrow and set a date.

i am a 53yr. old man and i use viagra to have sex, i am having my gallbladder removed in a few days, does anyone have any clue how this will work out, will things change? :$

I don't know, but I am turned on after a week of sugery. Well, I am 37 and don't take viagra for assistance. I think it is based on a person's recovery. If you recover quickly after surgery, it should not take you long to fulfill your sexual desires.

I am 73 year old male and I don't need viagra. I had sex without discomfort three days after gallbladder removed.

U can have sex after 7-10 days. But the sex position is very important. If u hav LapChole Standing position is best but intercourse should be very slow. Slowly inserting n withdrawing until u reach climax. AVOID STRONG N HOT SEX. Don't put pressure on ur belly.

I had sex the day after my gallbladder surgery. So I guess it all depends on how you feel. I was 38 by the way.

How long should I wait to have sex after gallbladder removed

You will be fine Viagra has nothing to do with your gallbladder take it the same way and then wait an hour for it to kick in

You can have sex 2 weeks after giving birth baby.

Your right . That what I was told by the dr. I'm 26 yr. I got my gallbladder removed 2 weeks 1/2. I ya it also depends if you fell comfortable and don't have pain. Or discomfort on your belly. Thinks for the tips.

No you should not, not sure where you got this misinformation. The body needs time to heal and bacteria from the penis and seamen can cause a uterine infection among other issues. Ideally you should wait 6 weeks, but if you can't wait that long you should atleast wait till all bleeding has subsided and the cervix has closed.