I've been struggling with bulimia for 2 years and I’m trying so hard to beat it for the sake of my husband. How do I overcome the overwhelming fear that if I quit this behavior, I'll become fat? I am on medical treatment for all this time but I still have a fear.

Listen honey, the fear is not a reality. Continue with medical treatment. I think it is the best to Work with a nutritionist or a therapist who can give you support and reassurance and who can help you modify your meal plan if you gain weight. Family is more important that a few pounds.

A nutritionist is more important than a physician in regards to your fear of weight gain. A therapist will help you discover the core issues leading to your needing to use and eating disorder to avoid you feelings.

Adding a CBT to your medical treatment may prove effective. Here are the results of a new study:

Therapy Hope For Eating Disorders