About two months ago I noticed a bump on the back right side of my neck right under my hairline. I had a physical and the doctor told me it was just a swollen gland and it would go away shortly. I am 16 and have never drank alcohol or smoked anything. Within the last week I have begin getting terrible headaches throughout the right side of my head which seem to generate in the area of the bump. Im beginning to worry because the headaches do not go away for hours and they are terribly painful. I would just like to know if this is serious or if it will just pass. I have also been to a chriopractor and she told me it was just a muscle or a disc that needed to be stretched so she worked it until she said it was normal but right after I still had the headache and the bump was still there. If anyone knows what this is please reply.

Apparently your doctor was wrong, the bump did not go away, and it has been giving you bad headaches. I think your chiropractor was also wrong. My guess is that you may have an infection where the bump is, perhaps as a result of an insect bite. It is time that you revisit your doctor, or see another doctor if the original doctor does not take you seriously.

i have this same problem and im 23 if u find anything out lemme know please i know ur pain and nothin normally helps u jus wanna cry !

I have this too I'm 24. my symptoms arnt that bad tho. its just uncomfortable. some answers would be great

You are so right, it happened to me, a mosquito bit me and I got a swelling and massive headaches for 7 days and nights. Take allergy tablets as you've had a bad reaction to the bite. Once the lump has gone so will the headaches.

I've got a small lump that doesn't hurt when I press on it on the back of my right side neck just below the ear and above my shoulder. I have headaches frequently on the same side of my head. Ideas?

Omg i have the San thing and I'm 16