So yesterday I was starting to get what I thought was a cold sore (I get them a lot). But then I went to bed, and when I woke up I had a bunch of little bumps near the "cold sore", and I don't really know if it is a cold sore anymore. I popped a couple of them, and just clear liquid stuff came out. Ah what's wrong?!

Although your cold sores in the past were usually in the form of just one blister, it’s actually quite common – and more often – that cold sore (or one type of herpes infection) appears in the form of small, painful, fluid-filled blisters on a raised, red area of skin, usually around the mouth. So, it’s the same thing, only this time it’s in another form. Don’t pop them because that way you can transfer the virus from the fluid to other places and spread the infection to other places. And if this has happened in the past, you should just use the same treatment you did before when you struggled with cold sores.