For the past year, sometimes I get a red itchy small rash always in the same exact spot...the bottom of the shaft of my penis on the left side...in the pubic hair. It gets very red, but not flakey. Looks like many very small pussey bumps clustered in a small area. It starts off as a painful bump and them begins to itch after it is fully developed. It starts off like a pre-mature zit before it really gets going. Before the rash comes, the skin on almost my entire left inner thigh becomes extra sensitive and then the small rash appears. It is painful to itch, like poison ivy, and always itches. It usually goes away in about 2-3 weeks and then comes back a few months later. It has only been happening for 1 yr and I've been with my wife exclusively for over 2 years. She never has any issues with her, just me. Therefore I do not feel it is an STD. Sometimes we use condoms and sometimes we don't. I believe it comes regardless of the use of a condom.

I haven't seen any descriptions of symptoms that match my issue here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't want to scare you but what you are describing sounds almost exactly like genital herpes. Your wife may have had it and not known and was asymptomatically shedding one time when you weren't using a condom. Even the time frames sound very similar to outbreaks that occur every few months. If this becomes bothersome then I suggest you head off to the doctor WHEN THE BUMPS ARE EVIDENT! Have them to a swab test on them when they are there or you can get a blood test whenever. Of course, it might not be it at all but any clustered bumps usually are a big sign to go talk to the doctor about your symptoms.

Thanks for the good info. I'm making a Dr. appointment today. The only weird thing is that my wife has never had any issues like this, ever. I am the only one having this problem. Also, I've spent quite some time looking at pictures of genital herpes and none of them look like what I have.

It is so weird that it happens in the same exact spot each time and my entire inner thigh gets very skin sensitive...sometimes the sensitivity of skin even happens on my back side. Today there is just a tiny bump that looks like it is just under the skin...very slightly red and has no bumps clustering.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. My wife just had her annual checkup and also requested an STD check. She came up clean. Is it possible that even though my wife and I have mostly had unprotected sex over the past 2 years that only I would have an STD? My issues have been happening on and off for 1 year now.

What did she come up clean on? Was she specifically tested for herpes? Most of the time standard STD panels don't include herpes at all. Which is unfortunate to say the least. The reason I considered herpes was because of that thigh problem you mentioned, many people say that they have those type symptoms with herpes. I would just head to the doctor. They know best. :-) Good Luck. Keep us updated.

I seem to have the exact same spot you have described. I have been looking online this morning trying to find out what it is, and this description is like what I have.

This is the first time I have seen this, and it is in the same location in the crease of my left leg still in the pubic area. This spot just started last night, and has one "pimple" on the edge of the dark red spot, but it is more like an ingrown hair with no head. I thought it might be pubic lice, since I have been staying in a hotel ( and a pretty nice one too!!!). I cannot find any picture that are close to what I have.

Any determination yet?

Thanks!

i had a lump on my pubic area last week, it hurt when i walked or leaned over then it began to get bigger and the other day it started to bleed i didnt touch it or anything, now its getting smaller but its still a flesh colored lump but it has a red indent in the middle of it and it still bleeds a little bit can anyone tell me what it might be?