Burning Mouth Syndrome RELIEF!!! I have suffered with Burning Mouth Syndrome for many, many years. I went to every doctor under the sun. Nobody knew squat about this problem and some thought I was a hypochondric and a few tried to load me with depressents. I finally found an oral mouth doctor, a former teacher at Johns Hopkins, Dr. James Sciubba, an oral pathology expert and researcher of this disease. He prescribed me Neurontin and Klonapin and it has decreased my symptoms by half. I can finally sleep. I am not symptom free. I still having some tingling and a bit of bad taste, but I am out of pain. He will continue to adjust my meds until I am symptom free. And there are a few other drugs that are usde to treat this if those dont work for you. As crazy as this sounds, if you rinse your mouth with water and a couple drops of Franks hot sauce a couple times a day, the burning goes away. I know it sounds counter intuitive, and it hurts like hell, but 15 minutes later, you will have relief. I promise.

Has anyone suffered loss of taste with this, as I have? I have lost most my taste on the top two thirds of my tongue. I had a bridge fall out two weeks ago and the burning mostly went away. I still have loss of taste, some burning, my bite has seemed off since this started 2 years ago. I did read that on rare occasions a simple shot of Novocaine where the needle hits a certain nerve has brought BMS on. I had a couple shots just before the BMS began. My dentist does not believe in it, I have seen my MD, and a Eye, ears, and nose specialist with absolutely no help from any of them. I am at a loss. 

Wow novacaine hitting a nerve can bring on BMS I had my top teeth pulled since then in agony with glue like substance and bms so bad it's ruined my life. I have implants now I'm wondering if that's what caused this. Can't find a dr who knows ugh. Am I the only one ???