After ejaculation (more common when masterbating) for about 2 hours I (only occasionally) I get a stinging/burning irritation sensation in my eurethra. After consuming a good amount of water and urinating multiple times this sensation goes away. It also seems to disipate after a bowl movement.
This has been an ongoing problem for years, but has occured more frequently withing the last year.

M / 33

Have you seen an urologist on the matter and had your urine cultured to see if there’s any infection, urinary tract and prostate inflammation, or non-specific urethritis.

However, this could be a normal reaction after ejaculation. The reason may lie in the fact that semen and urine go out through the same tube and that during erection the tube is closed to the bladder, so that urine wouldn’t go out at the same time as semen would, since the urine acidity most often kills the sperm. So, this could be one of the reasons.

Another reason could be that the urethra is irritated by the ejaculation and you may get a desire to urinate as well as have troubles urinating.

It would be wise to see a doc to check if there’s an underlying condition or if you should attribute this to a male anatomy.

i get the same thing, and after hours of searching the web, i found an answer that made sense.

it was along the lines of the fact that alcohol and sugar are both things that are irritating to the urethra. when you pee, it doesnt irritate it since its all being flushed out as you urinate. however, when you ejaculate, the same irritants hang around in the semen, irritating the urethra.

since then, ive realized that every time i get the irritation has been on a night that i was drinking, and/or ate a bunch of sugar (like cookies, cake, etc)

hope this helps!

I have exactly the same symptoms as well, especially the pain occurring after masturbation rather than just sex. Though, I don not drink and still have this problem.

Ok. Here's my theory in my lingo:

Urethra chemical/Ph sensitivity resulting in spasms. Chemicals (for whatever reasons) find higher concentration in prostate. Naprox Sodium/Diphenhydramine/Celecoxib? accumulate or cause accumulation (inflammation?) of chemicals that are cause sensitivity. These chemicals reach the urethra either through night emission (prostatic congestion) or masturbation. Why not through sex? Because sex lasts a long time and gives the opportunity for a lot of "clean" fluid to be added to the prostate and thus diluting the chemical.

Your irritating chemicals might be different. I suspect the irritants could be by-products of food/drink/etc.

I get the same thing! this is the first time i've found some ideas of the cause of this since i've been getting it, (since i was 13-14 before sexually active, now i'm 27 and std free). The burning/irritating lasts between 10-30 minutes for me and varies in intensity. Sometimes i will go months and months and never get it and then sometimes i will get it all the time. Basically the burning sensation forces me to pee and "clean the system out" so I like the idea of different chemicals/sugar in your semen that could cause the irritation. I'm going to be more aware of my diet from now on when it happens to try to work this out, but i do know for me there is no link with alcohol.

This is amazingly helpful.
I've had this since the age of 13 too and never had a proper answer from docs who think it is an infection. I too think that it may be to do with food or drink, and it does happen after drinking. The pain is absolutely excruciating.
The docs say that it's my prostate and that the pain just feels like the urethra, but I think that it is the urethra.

I have had this same experience on occasion ever since I first started having sex...and I am and have always been STD free. I've never been able to predict it and it happens probably about 10-15% of the time I ejaculate from sex, and about 5% of the time I ejaculate from masturbation. I typically find myself just sitting on the toilet for 15-20 minutes, trying to urinate as many times as possible, and even have a bowel movement. The combination of both seem to most often resolve it. The burning never lasts for more than 45-60 minutes.

i face this problem too... and after tryin out diff things to stop this irritation after ejaculation iv found out some precautions and solutions to it.. for some ppl it may happen on the day when they go out in the sun, for some its on the day when they have a lot of chicken or eggs or any food with high protein content, for some it may happen due to sweating a lot in the gym.
now guys u know what precautions to take..
1. drink a lot of water no matter ur thirsty or not. atleast 4 to 5 litres a day. this will not only help u minimize the chances of gettin this irritation but will also help keep ur blood clean and gud for the kidneys. gud for the ppl who dont want pimples on the face.
2. reduce the amount of chicken and eggs u consume.
3. try to stay away from the sun. and bikers out there go out in the evenings..

but its tough to follow all these.. and when u get really turned on and ur thing turns really hard, u wanna shag not matter what...
so here are the solutions when this irritation gets high.
first drink atleast half litre water...
then take half glass of water and add 4 to 5 tea spoons of sugar to it.. stir it well till all the sugar dissolves.. drink the solution and then go sit on the commode and keep peeing as it comes.. 5 mins or at max 10 mins ul start feeling gud again and ready for another shag...

i face this problem too... and after tryin out diff things to stop this irritation after ejaculation iv found out some precautions and solutions to it.. for some ppl it may happen on the day when u go out in the sun, for some its on the day when they have a lot of chicken or eggs or any food with high protien content, for some it may happen due to sweating a lot in the gym.

first drink half litre water...

I think that another thing that may work although I don't know if it's been mentioned yet is to have cranberry juice, which can reduce the risk of a UTI> IT sounds like if you have urethral irritation that it could be an actual infcction. It won't always clear itself up, so if it seems to get worse, see a doctor about it, okay?

yeah dude cranberry juice works too.. but i didnt mention that coz its not readily available with every1 right.. that is why i mentioned the best home remedy for this problem.. happy shagging guyZz !!!

Is cranberry juice not normally available? Are you thinking outside the US or do you just mean here? I don't think I've ever had trouble finding cranberry juice but then I live here...

there s a high probability for a person to not have cranberry juice at home.. but no chances for not havin sugar.. so !!!

i'm so glad i read this as i have looked everywhere for a sensible answer that ties in with my theory and this is the first. so thank you.

this hasn't ever been a problem for me (at least not an ongoing one) more of an irritation. it happens rarely but i always thought in my mind that it was residual semen stuck in my "tubes", plus i liked that idea. just an odd, almost mild, burning sensation after masterbation, it has always scared me a bit as it was this exact feeling i had in my penis before it turned out i had chlamydia.
in the past i have peed to get rid of the pain, and once when i got it after my girlfriend sucked me off, i asked her to do it again and hey presto, it worked.

i think i will watch my diet more as the idea of acidity levels of the semen affecting it sound right and i'll tie in my method of either having another bash or going for a pee

I have this same problem too. One thing that helps the irritation is after ejaculating, I pour some water over the urethra while squeezing it slightly open to get the water in some. Then I put some Milk of Magnesia there. It helps with the stinging/irritation, but only obviously only the area you're able to lubricate. I don't dare try to stick it down further. Also, it seems, and others have reported as well, that the problem is less severe if you masturbate on your back facing up and relax as much as you can.