I am a healthy 22 year old male and after I go out drinking alcohol sometimes I will get the feeling of constantly having to urinate. I will go to the bathroom and then 2 mins later it feels like i have to go again but nothing but a few drops come out. This happens as many as 10 to 15 times before I finally just fall asleep. Then when I wake up Im fine. It only happens when I am drunk though for some reason. Can anyone help?

If it happens constantly, you could have a bladder infection. If it isn't an infection, it could be interstitial cystitis (which is NOT and infection), but a condition of the bladder. It can manifest itself in different ways, the most common one mirroring a bladder infection ie. frequency, urgency, burning during and after urination. If you have IC, you can be sensitive to many foods and drinks - alcohol being one of them, especially red wine and beer. Many doctors are not familiar or are misinformed about this condition, so do some research yourself.

You should drink slow,i would say 1 beer in 1 hour.

i have the exact same problem get ahold of me my name is scott and my email is ***edited by moderator*** emails not allowed per terms of use***

Hi! I just learned about this in my anatomy class... alcohol and caffeine both suppress the release of ADH (anti diuretic hormone). ADH does as its name implies, it suppress the need to urinate. So, inhibiting the suppression of urination does the opposite... increases it. It's totally normal and EVERYONE experiences it.

and if it is a infection than how do i get rid of it? with out the doc...?

The feeling you are experiencing is your protate pushing against your bladder. Alchohol irratates this condition for people who have an enlarged prostate. You may notice it at it's worst when drinking alchohol and then having sex. Shorlly afterwards, you may be sitting on the toilet for 45-60 minutes feeling like you are urinating, but nothing is coming out. This is a very uncomfortable feeling. Best to avoid caffiene and alchohol as much as possible, and avoid sex after consuming these beverages. Ironically, sex actually helps an enlarged prostate. If this all sounds familiar, try to always have sex without stopping, postponing or controling ejaculations, it will worsen this condition.

hey guys....

ive been reading the forums and some people say they have had this problem their whole lives and for me its only happened a handful of times. i am a healthy 23 year old male and sometimes(!) when i drink excessively i feel like i have to piss all the time but only a few drips come out. I call it "drunk drip" (copyright, TM, etc...)

form what i have read it makes sense that it is due to dehydration because u become very dehydrated after drinking alcohol. i can drink people under the table and it doesnt happen to me nearly enough where i feel worried. when im in the middle of an endless 'drunk drip' it sometimes burns. from what i have read on the forums it can be due to dehydration. it is well known that alcohol makes us dehydrated so it kind of makes sense that its the cause.

so dont panic if this happens once in a blue moon because i feel like its dehydration. honesty try drinkin water between alcoholic drinks...seriously...its not silly...explain to ur friends that it hydrates you so u can drink more and get more drunk without feelin like sh*t...plus it prolly good for the burning....

(btw i have 0 stds so i know its not that....the infrequency makes me think its alcohol related and only when im dehydrated and drinking is when this happens) hope this post helped, tho most of it is (intelligent) speculation

The dehydration thing definitely rings true for me. This is something that happens to me once every month or two, and then usually only about 20-60 minutes, but it's pretty uncomfortable when it does come about. When I get this feeling, I've usually had alcohol earlier in the day, although the first time I remember this happening was when I was about 10 years old. I would lay in bed to go to sleep, but the tip of my penis would start to itch/burn like I really had to pee. Of course, when I got to the bathroom nothing would really come out, just a couple drips and that's it. And back in bed a couple minutes later, the feeling would start up all over again. Pretty sure it wasn't an STD at that point in my life.  :-D   Guess I wasn't drinking enough water at age 10?......

I have to lee all the time when I drink. Just like when you drink a lot of water you pee a lot its an infection if you have it all the time. I only get it with beer, more liquid to drink so the more you urinate

Per* idk what the hell lee is

Ive had this problem for years now and after reading this I'm thinking about going to the doctor. One thing I have noticed though, drinking a lot of milk an eating one or two slices og bred will make it go away in my case in half an hour 

Thanks for this this post, you are the voice of reason and in my eyes you've hit the nail right on the head. I can relate 100%. I have no STI'S, and no UTI'S either for that matter, however when I'm dehydrated I experience the exact same thing: a constant need to pee,even after just having a pee, and having the weak flow and burning sensation whilst mid drip! Especially if I have a few pints after my work and I haven't eaten, or rehydrated, before my beers! (A bit of context here, I'm a joiner so my work is very heavy and very physical!) To anyone who is experiencing these feelings whilst urinating this is my,( tried and tested) advice and it's INCREDIBLY SIMPLE!!!!! Whilst I understand that these are symptoms of something more sinister I would tell you to ask yourself, " Have I done anything,(or anyone!!) in the last few weeks that could have put me at risk of a STI or UTI?" If the answer to the above is a huge...."HELL NO"........... Then the treatments easy...... DRINK LOTS OF WATER first and foremost then you should get some supplies in, the best is as follows..... Go to your local pharmacy, or big supermarket , and buy some Dioralyte Sachets...: these are rehydration sachets and are absolutely brilliant at ( would you believe it ) rehydrating you. Buy these and always have them in your cupboard as they will sort this out and are also great for hangovers....so .....win win

I get it when i drink too much beer or cooffee in a short period of time and the best way iv found to get rid of it is to drink 2-3 cups of water and itll be away in half an hour. its always helped me. hope this is helps

Hi this is a weekly occurrence for me. The only thing that helps it go away fast is try to do a number 2 straight after sex it will stop the symptom