hi! i had my tonsils out a week ago today. and this has been the worst week of my life. the ear pain, the jaw pain, i cant swallow, my teeth hurt from clenching my jaw trying to ease the jaw pain. i had a teeny bit of scab come off day before yesterday and it wasnt much. there was also some blood, not a lot but i hear this is normal. i try to drink even freakin water to take my pain killers and it burns so bad my eyes tear up. the very back of my tongue is also starting to burn a little bit. im starving and cant even swallow apple sauce without the burning/stinging going on around my tonsil pockets. i am just incredibly frustrated and i start school in 5 days and i really feel like this just wont be over. how much longer till this is over?! im almost 19 if that helps....

I'm twenty and I know how you feel. I just had mine out on Friday and I have a class on Tuesday that I have to drive to (no driving with pain killers). I have found that varying the temperature of your liquids helps. I like to have room temperature lemon-lime gatorade and super cold water. Its about all I can handle as far as drinks are considered. I bought some sobe life water and apple juice but I haven't gotten around to drinking those yet. I don't know if your post-op nurse gave you an ice pack when you left but I found that drinking with the ice around my neck definitely helped. I hope you get feeling better.

This is probably the worst pain throughout the whole healing process it burns so bad I refuse to drink anything,but that only caused ne dehydration and send me to the er what i see that works for me is drinking with a spoon two spoon full every 30/40 seconds

Hey I'm 19 years old, I got my tonsils removed last Tuesday. Today is the following Monday, my uvula swelling has finally went down thank goodness, but I've noticed recently that when I drink it burns the back of my tongue and makes my eardrums hurt really bad sort of like an ear infection. I noticed that if you eat a couple spoons of ice cream, usually the pain stops for the drinking. Hope that helps. Or eat something warm and then drink afterwards !

I am 22, and I am on day 7 of the post surgery process. My throat burns even after taking the medication, and expecially if I try eating or drinking. Can someone tell me if this is normal? Or is it because it is worsening? Thank you!

I just got my tonsils taken you last week. When I drink anything it's like a burning sensation in my throught. I was wondering what to do to be able to bring water.

How long does the burning sensation last? I just got mine out and I’m at this stage right now and it’s terrible

Hey so on Good Friday I got my tonsils removed and as soon as we got home I took my pain medicine every 4-6 hours because I thought it would help but now it's the 6th day and my throat gets the most terrible burning feeling and my ears start to hurt. Also last night I threw up from the medicine and now my throats burns worse is there any foods that won't make your throat burn? And is burning normal?

Hi, just wondering how your recovery is going? I got mine out last Wednesday April 4 and I’m in pain!!

I got mine out on the 12th..not a whole lot of pain and the scabs have fallen off. Now I have a burning feeling when I drink or eat cold things.

I also had my tonsils taken out on the 12th and it’s been the most painful experience I’ve ever encountered.

At the moment my jaw and teeth are so sensitive and I can’t seem to deal with any drink apart from water. Boyfriend tried to give me fruit smoothie and it stung so badly.

Also ice is too painful for me but everyone else rates it, any advice?

I got mine 2 days ago. The burning sensation has started and i cant drink water or take my meds. My god it hurts.