I am a 32 year old otherwise healthy male, no fever, no nausea, but my symptoms include:

cramping upon bowel movement which is intense and causes cold sweats and near-fainting (this has improved), with a mild burning sensation in my mid to lower left abdomen afterward which persists for half an hour and clears up.

I have undergone a very, very great deal of stress lately including:

mother diagnosed with malignant ovarian cancer (treated and recovering very well)

stressful trip to california and some exotic foods as well as jet lag

stress at work and stress over bowel symptoms.

The symptoms have been present and have very slightly improved since I got back from my trip to california (i live in SE Ga) 1 week ago.

I have a very difficult work schedule and am unable to break away most times to go to a Proctologist or Gastroenterologist...

My stool is not bloody or dark, and I have been taking steady fiber supplements lately which has made it much more loose and easy to pass, but the gas itself is also somewhat painful due to the increased fiber intake...

My mother is still recovering and it is still in the back of my mind, and I am wondering if this could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome or something more dire, such as Colon Cancer (since it is evident that my mother has cancer).

Thank you for your response...this is causing me great stress.

I think you have answered your own question. Like ovarian cancer, the symptoms of colon cancer is non-specific and similate that of many other conditions. And yes, you could have irritable bowel syndrome. You said you were an otherwise healthy male, but I have a hard time imagining how someone with such a tight work schedule can somehow manage to stay healthy. The bottom line is, you will have to choose between your health and your career. You need to break away from your work schedule and go see a gastroenterologist, even if that means losing some clients or company revenue. Have a colonoscopy performed on you. Otherwise you will never be at peace with yourself. Go get a therapeutic massage to reduce stress. Engage in regular physical exercise. Keep some dumbbells and barbells and an exercise bike in your office and workout whenever you can.