Hi! I want to be professional bodybuilder. During weight training exercises I feel Burning Sensation in Triceps. Please tell me why that is happening? Is it normal or I having some disease?

Hi! Burning Sensation in Triceps during certain weight training exercises or high repetition training is caused by an accumulation of acid in the muscle. Anaerobic glycolysis utilizes carbohydrates and produces water and acid, or free hydrogen ions. This acid does not clear sufficiently if blood flow is impeded. The vasculature within the muscle is temporarily occluded by the surrounding muscle when it is contracted intensely for a relatively prolonged duration. The excessive acid acts upon nerve receptors producing the localized burning sensation. Excessive acid accumulation also impedes muscular contraction. Acid interacts with calcium rendering it unavailable for muscular contraction. If repeated regularly, the muscle will begin to adapt to this stress. I hope that I explain you why you have Burning Sensation in Triceps, and that is normal.