Hi, on Thanksgiving of last year(2006) I lost my virginity to a girl and I did not use a condom. >:( After I told people who it was they told me she had a history of sleeping around. My friends told me to get tested for a few weeks and I paid no attention, seeing as how I had no symptoms. Well, in January(about 6 or 7 weeks later) i noticed a burning sensation when I urinated. No discharge. I got worried and did a urine test for gonorrhea/chlamydia which came back negative. After the test, the symptoms subsided. However, they came back shortly and I went to family doctor who prescribed my Doxycycline for what he thought was gon/clhlamydia. I took it for 2 weeks like suggested and again the symptoms subsided. However, in march I noticed that my anus started to itch, felt full, and from my anus to my scrotum it sometimes itches. Also, the tip of my penis is red and a little swollen. Anyways, I then went to a clinic for a swab test/blood test for all the major STD's...Again came back negative. So again i took the dosage of Doxycycline. From march to april I noticed none of these symptoms and thought i was good. But again the symptoms persisted. I'm so confused and worried because all the tests are coming back negative, but i still have a burning urethra during and after urination, itchy anus, and occasionally my testacles have a dull pain. I recently told my mom and dad and my mom thinks it's a yeast infection and I have an appointment w/ urologist in November. What could this be????!!!! I have no discharge, no sores, bumps, etc. Also, is it possible for the doxycycline to cause the anus problem because that didn't happen until after i took the medication. Greatly appreciate some informed feedback.. I don't know what to do :'(

Oh yeah. even though i never had whitish/greenish/yellowish discharge, i do notice that what i believe to be my urine, sort of sits at the tip of my penis after urination and it burns. i'm trying to stay positive, but it's so frustrating!!!

were you checked for a uti or std?

yeah they performed a urine test for gonhorrea/chlamydia in january which was negative and in march i did a swab/culture test for those two STD's...also they tested my blood for hepatitis, hiv, syphillis, etc. i have no clue what is wrong with me...all i know is that it comes and goes whenever it wants and just when i think it's gone, it comes back...

i should also add some info i left out...the pain on my penis and anus usually increases when i am doing nothing or bored...my best friend thinks it's all in my head, and i think it is to a certain degree, but i don't believe there is anyway that all this pain could be caused physcologically...but nevertheless when i'm entertained with friends, family, guitar, tv, sports, or whatever, the pain subsides. so i don't know what to think now..

I have very similar symptoms and would like to know what is going on. Cancer and diabetes is being tossed around and scaring me straight.

did you get tested for herpes? i am having similar symptoms..have you noticed any other muscle aches etc?

I have exactly the same thing and have gone through the same tests and all the same. The doctor even stated to me that he thought it was in my head. The difference is so incredibly different then before the sexual contact that there is no way it is in my head. If I could add that I have pain between my scrotum and anus as well as the burning penis and anus. It all started in the penis and has spread. The pain between my penis and scrotum would be similar if you had been riding a very hard bike seat for a day.
Any Ideas as to what this is? I have surfed looking for literally days and have found a few guys with the exact same symptoms and no one seems to be able to diagnose the problem.

so, any luck with the diagnosis? did you manage to cure whatever you had, and if yes - how?

just adding to the pile...same thing here all around, but i first tested + for chlamydia, which was treated...the itching/burning/discomfort from the anus is the common thread here that separates this from other things...someone help us out.

Same exact symptoms. Goes away if im doing something. If I am sitting around doing nothing I get the pains. Once I am doing something, they go away. Normally I just go to sleep if I have them. Tested negative for STDs as well. Someone help.

It could be penile cancer. In some cases, this cancer will not show any visual symptoms. Just only to where you can feel it. I suggest you keep taking the medicine you are taking, but on the side take B,C,D & E vitamins. These will hopefully help most of your symptoms. But just in case, keep checking up with your doctor just in case it gets any worse.

I am having the same problems. Did some researching on the internet, but I have no idea what it could be. I was looking at maybe a prostate problem or GW? I just want to know what is wrong.

Yeah, I have the same problems!! I've had them for over a year now. Mine started with an initial "infection" that included more severe burning sensations than I have now and some clear discharge, but was diagnosed as Non-Gonochoccal Urethritis which seems to translate to "we don't know what it is." The Doxycycline seemed to clear that up, except for that little nagging occasional itch/stinging at the end of urethra - sometimes it feels like someone is sticking a needle into me right at the base of my penis head - and then yes, the anal itching and fullness developed after that - if I touch my anus, it feels like it's recoiling or something, like it's too tight.

Oh, and the worst part for me is that masturbation doesn't feel the same anymore - it's just not as enjoyable; there's a feeling like a sort of "stiffness" in my urethra, a slightly burning/hot sensation that's not very pleasurable.

Two different prostate exams resulted in them saying it felt a little swollen and "boggy." I think I've taken 3 rounds of Doxy, and an aggressive round of Cipro - which may have lasted a month, I can't remember now if it was Doxy or Cipro that they had me take for a month. 2 different urologists and a general family practice person - they even had me use scotch tape to test my anus for worms! they always seem to give up though - my last visit to the urologist, and he was kinda like "well it's probably not bacterial ... y'know, some people just have itchy anuses ... here's a prescription for what amounts to Hydrocortisone." What?! I lived about 25 years without this problem, so what happened? And gee, thanks for your topical band-aid solution!

I think this experience has shown me the limits of modern western medicine - all doctors can really do is prescribe antibiotics and steroids and perform surgeries, it seems like they're bad at little things like this, things that may require a more holistic approach.

So that's where I'm at right now, considering exploring other options - I got a book called "A Headache in the Pelvis" that attributes a lot of pelvic disorders to pelvic muscle tension. Unfortunately, I lack the discipline to really follow their advice thoroughly, especially because part of it involves finding someone who can do "trigger-point release therapy" which can even involve going in through the anus and pressing down on tense points - seems like it might be difficult to find a person trained in this. But this idea makes sense to me - why would my anus and the tip of my penis feel irritated? Maybe because they're connected to the same groups of muscles internally?

It also makes sense because when this first afflicted me, I was under a lot of stress, and it could be that my body was tensing muscles that I was not aware of.

Has anyone noticed any relationship with diet or anything like that? I feel like coffee might make mine feel a little worse, and possibly alcohol, but I'm not sure about that. I did this thing called the Master Cleanse last fall, a 10 day fast with only a maple-syrup-based-lemonade for sustenance, and absolutely no other chemicals, and I felt some improvements. In fact, I forgot about this, but before the cleanse I was even starting to get random pains creeping up my abdomen, and the cleanse (as well as exercise, yoga, etc.) seemed to abate that, but still the penis/anus pain/itching keeps coming back - it's actually getting worse for me right now, and I'm not sure why. I think I need to dive headlong into that book and see what happens.

I'm glad that I found this forum that describes my symptoms so accurately. I would be interested in working together to solve this. I'm tired of the psychological damage that this has caused, the feeling that I will never be well again, that I'm just going to have to live with this.

I have had the same type of feelings and have been through multiple antibiotic rounds, i am told that it is non-bacterial prostatitis and that i just have to live with it. i also sometimes feel that my urethra is still holding liquid and that i am not fully empty. i would recommend doing research on prostate milking as this helps at times.

Yeah, the "urethra still holding liquid" thing! I had that too for awhile after my initial "infection" - almost every time I urinated, it didn't feel like it was emptying completely, and then as soon as I did some kind of physical action, like bending over to pick something up, I would feel a few drops of urine escape - very annoying!! It was almost as if my urethra felt worn out, or strained or something, almost a dull ache to it - this went away luckily.

Also, I simply will not accept "non-bacterial prostatitis, so learn to live with it" - this is doctor code for "I can't help you, so I give up, and of course I won't recommend that you explore other options."

I'm fairly convinced it's either yeast/candida or the muscle tension thing. I'm going to give my standard doctor one more chance to prescribe me some anti-fungal drugs or creams or whatever, before I go see a homeopath, or a trigger-point release specialist, or WHOEVER WILL HONESTLY CARE AND TRY TO SOLVE THIS!!!!