Male, 22 years old. A couple of days ago I started experiencing irritaion and burning when I urinated. I have also noticed a slight milky white discharge before I urinate. After talking with a friend who has had chlamydia, it sounds like this is what I have. I have a girlfriend that I have been dating for 2 months and have been sexually active with her for that time. Neither of us have had sex with anyone else during that time.

Yes, it does sound like Chlamydia or any other STD or like a “normal” bacterial infection. When I say normal I mean not sexually transmitted.
It doesn’t matter if either you or your girlfriend didn’t have sex with anybody else during your dating. She could have had Chlamydia even before you met. It happens often that women carry the bacteria without even knowing and without experiencing any symptoms. This is not good because that way bacteria could make a lot of mess and even cause infertility in women by scarring Fallopian Tubes.

I would suggest both of you visited doctors and had this treated. Waiting won’t to any good to either of you. Chlamydia can be easily treated by antibiotics if found in time.