Sigh. All early December I was looking forward to being out of work. 1) because work sucks rocks and 2) because I had this HUGE list of projects I wanted to get done and couldn't wait to have lots of time to do them.

I am on day 3 of the office painting. Staying up late chilling out, sleeping in every morning, hanging out here while I wake up and drink coffee......yada yada.....now granted-it takes me a long time anyway because I'm so anal about it but I did the whole kitchen in like 2 nights after work and this room is nowhere near that big. I think I get more done during school when I know I have one night or a couple weekend hours to get everything done, as opposed to "ah, I still have six days left, no biggie, I'll do it tomorrow. Very disappointing.

What say you?

I generally get more done when it is impossible to do so.

Gotta be busy or nothing will be done.

Whew. Now I feel better.....sorta! Off to paint now.....but I'm sure I'll get bored and be back soon enough. :?

I seem to get more done when under a time constraint

I'm not so sure about this....

I seem to post A TON when I'm not under a time constraint at all.

I get a lot done, because I am so used to being off during the week and work long days when I work that nothing gets done. So I am productive both here and at the job.

I find when I have "time off" from vacation I like to spend it away from home at some far a way place doing cool things.

when it come to projects around the house I find the weekend is more then enough time to get them done before going to work on Monday.

Also I seem better organized with several projects (work & home) between vacations cause that's the only time I'll have to do them.

I'm already in the working mode and to be spending an hour between appointments doing projects works for me.

Cappy wrote:

Same here I'm already in that mindset.

cherylpf wrote:
Gotta be busy or nothing will be done.

:1:

S99

Deadlines are the ultimate motivator.

So basically I am going to be up all night on Sunday, right before I go back to work, finishing this painting because I'll have run out of time to get it done otherwise.

Sigh. So much for good intentions. You're right though, now that I think of it, the first two days of my vacation I had a lot of running around to do, doctor's appointments, cooking for Christmas Eve, and I was moving all day. Today, here I sit, talking about fish and caskets. :?

definitely get more done when demands are high.........very easy for a SAHM to tell herself that she has all day to do something......usually it's my workout that keeps getting pushed back. And then I feel guilty. Anyone else finding themselves on a treadmill at midnight with a husband saying "you had ALL day to do that".....and I can only say "yeah, I know, that's the problem "

Definitely get more done when I am busy. I fly into hyperactive mode. If I li around all day, I make too many excuses.