I started two years ago on 8mg per day. I've gotten down to .125mg per day, but I'm still afraid of the detox. Anyone who's gone through detox knows why. I have to work. I have a surgery coming up for prostate cancer, I'm still young....49 man.....what gives....lol. Anyways, I'm going to need to feel the pain meds on this one. Cath for a week after surgery. I'm not worried about relapsing. I don't want any part of opioids anymore and told my doc about my past. He said not to worry too much as this will be a very short term, no detox, which is good.

My issue is that I have until May 29th. It's May 11th. Again, I'm down to .125mg per day. Doesn't seem like much when you think of it like a dollar amount, going from $8.00 to .12 cents, but I'm fearing the withdrawl none the less. Is my fear misplaced at this point? Wondering if this would be more mental than physical coming off this small amount?

This is actually day 3 for me. Well, starting day 3. 0530 Saturday. I've been patching servers all night, so that's kept me busy. Day 1, nothing, no effects (didn't expect so). Day 2, little restlessness, but thinking that could be nervousness from "experiencing detox so many times". You can prepare for it, but your never "ready" for it. I can't stand it. 4-5 days of no peace, no sleep, no sanity.

Anyways, Day 2 has been a breeze, and I'm a wimp...lol. We'll see how day 3 goes. I'm hoping I don't have to sneak a .06 square today (half of a .125mg strip). It took a lot to get down this low. I think this is the way to do it honestly. I mean, it's kind of hard to get any lower than this. I can do .06's (cutting the 2mg strip into 32 pieces). I'm already cutting them into 16 pieces. 32 is about as far as I can cut them down and it's not easy to keep them even. I did the same thing with the 8mg strips. I cut them down to 32 pieces and then went to 2mg strips after that. Cutting the 8mg down to 32 pieces gets you down to .25 per little square. Then you can jump over to the 2mg strips and cut those to 8 pieces, which gives you the same. From there you can start cutting those down further and further.

I'm cheating a little bit, because I have stomach and sleep problems, along with restless legs. I have Odansetron for nausea, Ropinirole for restless legs (it actually works), and Seroquel for sleep. I can't see where anyone's doc wouldn't give them these or something along these lines to help folks through this task.

I'll update this every couple of days, so there's a record for others.

Starting day 5. I start jury duty today, but I don't feel that bad. Some nausea, but I can't say that's not the cancer saying hello. I honestly think it is, it does everyday like that. I don't think it has anything to do with the subs. I did have some restless legs at the end of day 4, took the ropinirole (2mg this time instead of 1). I've been able to sleep every night/morning during this time which is amazing to me. Honestly, this is going a thousand times better than I expected. I really think the key is getting down to the .125mg before jumping off. Well, here goes. See if cancer can get you out of Jury duty...lol. I'm thinking not. I'm going to tell them, look...I'm going to be headed to the bathroom a lot more often that others due to having to go or having to puke. It's just part of the fun. Nothing I can do about it. I do take relief in knowing that I'll be completely free of this junk by the 29th (surgery date).

2pm Day 5. I feel good. I felt good this morning in court. They let me go home due to the prostate cancer, which was nice. The Court Clerk is so sweet here in Bartow ;County, GA. I love it here.

I got my Lyrica refilled today. I took a couple, maybe 4 and I feel wonderful. I have a little buzz and I'm not even thinking about detoxing other than writing this post. I know not a lot of people are posting in this thread, but if it helps just one person, it was worth writing.

I'll report more as it happens. Day 5 is good. No heavy detox feelings. No muscle cramping, locking up. The Lyrica really saves the day though. Very pleasant feeling and wipes away any detox you might have.

Day 6, great morning. Little hang over from the Lyrica, but it's not a bad thing. I'm experiencing no detox. I'm sleeping just fine. Actually better than when I was on the subs. I know this is gross, but I also had some issue "long term" with diarrhea. I know, I already said it's gross, but this is real life. When I stopped taking the subs, it went away. I've had the problem for over a year and it completely went away when I got off the subs. I know that's a small part, but the bathroom issues are part of healing/detoxing. One end or the other. I know what it's like to get sick so hard that you lose control in the rear. It's not fun, and there's no dignity in it. I'm going to posted an article about Lyrica and how helpful it is. Take a look if you have time. God bless everyone out there struggling. We can beat this animal!!!

I'm on day 10-11. I don't feel anything other than the fatigue from the cancer. As far as detox goes, nothing. This was a very smooth detox. Honestly, there was no detox that I felt working down to such a low level. Don't get me wrong, there is reason to worry about getting off this junk, but if you work your way down (I'm able to do so here in the US "manage the strips at home"), you should be fine.

I was looking at the calendar and I think I'm actually on day 13. I don't even car about subs. No bad effects. I've taken some Lyrica that's prescribed to me, and that really helps. You guys can do this. If I can do this, anyone can. I've always considered myself weak for using vics and subs like I did, but I was strong enough to kick it and you can to!!!! It can be done!!! Hooyah!