Hi everyone...I'm new here and I'd just like to say that I've tried all kinds of diets/plans. I have done well when I have a meeting or mentor to be accountable to on a weekly basis. I used to belong to a fitness center that had a wonderful nutritionist on site. If you paid the full membership price, she was free. I lost some weight for a trip to Europe and Israel. I still didn't lose as much as I had liked. Now I understand why. I had Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism and didn't know it.

Another time, I went on ...can I say the name?...well, the company starts with a "W". I did so well the first time I went. I lost 18 lbs in three weeks. I was doing exactly what I was told. I wasn't trying to starve myself either. However, somehow, I just lost motivation and needed to actually lose much more than 18 lbs. Now I am trying to motivate myself to go back. I have my excuses like, "It's not close enough to my new house, etc. But it's really not that big of a sacrifice. So please encourage me to get going. I'm going to go back on the "W" plan. We'll see how I do. I'll start after we get back from our vacation in two weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Bernie29:
I ,too, find an accountability partner the best. I'll help you if you help me and if this works perhaps we can create our own accountability blog on blogspot or something? I'm trying to maintain a weight I have come to enjoy and the maintaining seems to be the hardest. When I feel great I splurge. Let me know what you think. We can check in with each other.