Anyone every done any body analysis or testing? I guess I'm looking for some body fat analysis. Ideas on where one could get this done and how much it might cost?

We got an analysis whenever we joined our gym. Dude took our resting/exerted heart rates, BP1, and a basic "fitness" evaluation. He took our body fat percentages with calipers on several points of the body. From what I understand, the calipers (combined with a knowledgable user) method is the most accurate. You can get scales and gadgets that test BF% with mild electrical current and the result is based on the impedence. I've also read that it's not so reliable when used on muscular folks, which I'm guessing includes you. :) Hopefully some of the Wise Ones 'round 'bout here will have other options and cost estimates for you. 1 Freaky thing -- my husband and I matched BP & pulse throughout the test!

Don't assume... I've only worked out a grand total of 8 times over the last 4 weeks. The personal trainer did do a caliper body fat test on me, but I don't think he did a good job and would like something more in depth.

I've had my body fat tested with both calipers and an elec. impedence device. I thought the calipers were more accurate (because they gave me a number closer to what I wanted) than the elec. impedence device.

The PT that did the EI device told me that the readings would get way off for fit people.

I've never done any type of max. cardio testing except for a self-administered heart rate test.

Hubby does my body analysis daily. Everything is A-OK!!

Yes I have. I've had them done to me and I've done them thousands of times to others. I'm just a little curious about this comment:
Why do you think the personal trainer didn't do a good job?

I have a tanita body fat scale which I find to be very accurate. I had some other methods tried and expos and stuff, and the numbers are pretty much right on.

What are the dimensions of those scales? I assume they have to be placed on a hard surface (not carpet) to work correctly?
I've heard good things about those scales as well.

about the size of a normal square scale
works best on a hard surface
make sure you get one with an athlete mode on it because it is calibrated differently
they also have ones that weigh in .5 #increments and .1 # increments
batteries last a long time also I got close to a year on my first set

i'm 147 pounds...

i avg between 9.5-10.5 on my bf scale... i've seen the underside of 9 a few times now after workouts... but on the regular i'd say a flat 10.

though, i can't pinch any fat on me anywhere... i know my legs aren't as strong as they used to be, maybe that's where i'm storing all the fat?

any guesses? i'd love to get checked out somewhere so it was accurate.

Your legs aren't as strong as they used to be most probably because you're not pushing them to their limit strenght training-wise, NOT because of fat storage. And typically, the area for fat deposition in men is the gut region, not the legs.

Contact a University or hospital to see if they can do full body composition testing for you. Height, weight, circumferences, BF%, flexibility, strength, max or sub-max exercise test.

Because it did it pretty quickly and he didn't seem to look very carefully at the calipers. I think he just estimated one of the three measurements. I'd like to get a professional (i.e. more scientific) test done.

You're probably right about that specific trainer's competence with that specific test. But, using skinfold calipers correctly is very scientific and extremely accurate.
I'll give you the same suggestion as Blue. Go to a hospital or University to have the testing done. Or, both of you could come on down here and I'll do it for you.

Say Fla.. what's a better number to work on, BMI% or BF%?

BMI - Body Mass Index. Used to assess weight relative to height. Doesn't really take into account what an individual is made up of.
BF% - Body Fat Percentage. The percentage of an individual's total weight, which is fat weight. Let's you know how much of what you weigh.
The two are highly correlated since generally when an individual loses fat weight, his/her BMI decreases.
So, keep an eye on both.