I was diagnosed today with BV (bacterial vaginosis), which I've had mild symptoms of for quite some time and was too lazy to do anything about. I'm on antibiotics, but my husband now has a rash at the base of his penis and on his scrotum. It constantly oozes, its painful, and its red. At first we thought he had poison ivy, but (now that I've been diagnosed with BV), he's determined I gave him something. Everything I've read so far indicates that male partners don't generally need treatment and usually have no symptoms, if the bacteria is even present on them. I personally don't think I gave him anything and still believe it to be poison ivy.

I guess my real question is this: If I really did give him the bacteria that's causing my BV, would it present in such a way? Or is it more likely something else?