I am 39 years old and my wife and I have been married 13 years. I was a virgin when we married and have been continually faithful to her. Recently she was diagnosed with Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. During the diagnosis, the hospital just treated the both of us in lieu of testing me as well. So we don't know if I actually had the diseases. She has been faithful to me as well. I have absolutely no reason not to believe her.

Here's my question. I had previously masturbated on a cloth that had not been washed or cleaned. Then masturbated again on the cloth some time later. Can semen when allowed to fester actually create bacteria like the diseases diagnosed above? Other than a true false positive test result, is this a viable possibility?

Hi:
I am sorry, but definitely not. An STD can only be contracted by coming into contact with the germ itself. That would be, another infected person. I am sorry to hear about this. Some open communication with you wife would be a great idea right now. Take care. Please continue to share with us for support and advice. I wish you well.