Can somebody tell me something about diabetes and chest pain? I would like to hear whether these two conditions such as diabetes and occasional chest pain I started to feel recently may be somehow related. The thing is that it is been for years now I am diagnosed with diabetes type 1 and lately I started having hard time with this chest pain and pressure and would like to hear if I might be having some heart problem due to the diabetes I have and what do I do now?

You first go see a doc for it is more likely you have some heart problems regarding your chest pain and pressure you feel lately and especially regarding the fact you are diagnosed with diabetes for diabetes is actually one of the common causes of coronary artery disease which may result even in heart attack. Anyway I advice you first have some ECG test just to check out how much your heart could be damaged and I suppose you already have some healthy lifestyle habits for it is been for years now you are diagnosed with diabetes for one of the best way to treat those symptoms you have depends on how healthy your life approach is though having diabetes is not always something that could be controlled that easy so that is why I advice you go see some cardiologist as fast as possible.

I have already been to cardiologist. They say it is not from the heart or anything to do with the haert. I have been diabetis since 2000 but only take oral meds. Do you have any other suggestions as the cause?

I suspect the chest pain could be due to high levels of adrenaline due to low blood sugar. Pain is usually a warning od some kind so it should not be ignored. For information - I get it too - for the last month or so and my numbers are good and I am quite fit.