Hi

I have an underactive thyroid and wnted to know if drinking alcohol is a good idea or not?

If you are on medication, I would say, be VERY careful. I am on Eltroxin and have had some adverse reactions, once requiring hospitalization for a few hours.

Hi there,
Your under active thyroid can get very complicated if you do not take your medication. Your pills are prescribed to you as hormone replacement therapy. Not the thing here is that it is not good to stop whit the treatment or alter your dose on your own. You have to understand that alcohol is not very friendly for every disease. It can make your blood thinner and can cause more complications. I think that small amount of alcohol will not cause any damage to your body and won’t have effect on hormone replacement therapy but you have to be careful. Do not take too much and do not drink too often because you might have side effects.