Hi, I think that during my last workout I have hurt my rotator cuff. It hurts a lot, but I wouldn’t like to stop my workout since I have just stated to see its effects. I am thinking about continuing working out. The exercises that I fear will suffer most from this possible injury are the squats. Can I squat with rotator cuff damage? Please write ASAP!

Hi, any injury should not be taken lightly. You should see a doctor about your rotator cuff right away. Working out is out of the question, regardless of how serious the injury is. Any damage should be fixed before you return to the gym. And doing squats with rotator cuff damage is not possible. If your rotator cuff is indeed damaged, you will not be able to lift the barbell for an inch, yet alone put it on your shoulders. And if you try, you might end up with permanent damage. Ones again, go see your doctor as soon as possible. The sooner you fix your rotator cuff, the sooner will you be able to return to the gym.

Nissa108 is exactly right. This injury should not be taken lightly, and you should definately see a doc right away. You can take a little time off from your squats for a little while, so you can heal your shoulder. The shoulder is a hard area to heal. I tore my rotator cuff muscle (not the actually cuff, just the muscle) playing football, and it was one of the most painful ordeals I have ever been through. If you dont let it heal that first time, it will nag and nag and nag and nag you forever. Even worse you could get permanent damage. I would suggest maybe doing leg presses if you just have to keep working on your legs. But just let it heal, and then hit em hard and it will be like you never took time off.

The only way to hurt your rotator cuff squatting is the overhead and external rotation motion of the shoulder to get the weight behind your head.

If you can squat with a rack and minimize the rotation of the shoulder, you can keep on going. Definitiely, check in with a PT ( Physical Therapist )
if the shoulder pain persists.