Wanted to know about other's experiences with Misoprostol (Cytotec®). I was given Misoprostol at almost 14 weeks of pregnancy to dilate cervix before surgical abortion. I'm concerned about my current pregnancy. I really want this child and wonder if Misoprostol has damaged my cervix as I been having very light spotting entering my 11 week of pregnancy. The spotting started brown, hardly anything, now is just spots. OR CAN IT CAUSE MY TROUBLE LATER IN PREGNANCY? I posted this under abortion because I figured most women in this part of the forum mIght have been given Misoprostol. And please don't yell about my abortion as I can have no more harsh punishment that my pain for letting my child go. Now I live for the baby I' expecting and that's all I can do now.

No, it will not of damaged your cervix, there are no clinically proven adverse side effects to it.

Good luck with your pregnancy

It causes incompetent cervix in future pregnancy!

I know this a year old but it does causes incompetent cervix for some women in future pregnancy