Yeah the fatigue will pass. Some of it is due to the lack of quality sleep. Exercising, B VItamins, and Magnesium are all helpful in this regard.

powerful stuff isn't it this is why so many people relapse i have 3 times before but i cant take being in this bubble any more 2 weeks off it and i still feel stoned and tired i am depersonalized aswell look it up if you dont feel rite you may have it 

2 weeks now since i quit from smoking for years and im glad i found out other people feel the same tiredness. what i'd figure is all that old thc stored in your fat is being burned into your system again thus making you feel tired. its like smoking some really bad stress that was stored away for over a year.

I started smoking weed at 10 and now I am 30. About 3-5 blunts a day. I didn't know that withdrawal would cause me to be so fatigued. Since I have experience this I will not put that junk back into my body again this can't be good for you. I always tried to justify smoking weed, man was I wrong.

Same here - now on day 45 after my last smoke. Prior to that a daily smoker for 21 years (I am now 48). The habit started off slow but was up to almost 3 grams per day by the end.

I cannot shake this feeling of tiredness! It is like the feeling I'd get after the initial high had passed and only the cannabinoids were left - heavy, lethargic and tired. I am exercising a lot and eating well but I still have that lingering feeling of being stoned (even though that is not physically possible - the metobalyte secreted from body fat is not pyscho-active as I understand it).

The crazy thing is I always had good energy when stoned! That is, until I would get so stoned I would go to sleep!

I have done a lot of research but cannot find a good answer for this. My guess is that after having cannabis in my system for more than 7,665 days straight (it's sooooo scary to express it like that) and getting high around 15,000 times (again, sooooo scary!) my body simply adjusted to it being there - and now that its not its having to readjust itself.

I have my eyes fixed on 90 days as bringing some relief - and some energy!

The other possibility is that I was only 27 when I started heavy daily smoking and now I am 48 - perhaps I am just feeling the effects of age for the first time straight???

Good luck to all. I think we are better with the monkey off our backs!

Hi guys some great info on this site..ok ive not had a smoke in three months and im still very tired has anybody exceeded three months thats not tired??

The 'toxins' thing is partly correct. It's actually just the THC that has been stored in your fat that is being released. It's a constant stream of very little THC, which just makes you tired. As opposed to smoking a large amount which can wake you up. Also, anxiety is not associated with THC withdrawal. Smoking weed actually gives you anxiety. THC is active in the part of the brain that becomes stimulated when you experience anxiety. So the tiredness could also be coming from a lack of anxiety. 

Hello All,

I am here for the same reasons as others. It is day & for me without weed. I physically feel awful. My inner strength is much more powerful an am looking forward to being weed free. I find it amazing how for the 17 years that i smoked i constantly told myself that i was not addicted. I feel the THC leaving my body. I feel like I have been "coming down" since I stopped. I was expecting to find this burst of energy, instead i feel drained. I am thankful to be reading these posts and I cannot wait until I can share my success story with others. If anyone is toying with the idea of stopping....do it!!! why I am stopping. I have a 9 year old child and I want to be honest with her when drugs are introduced to her life. I want to say that yes i smoked pot and now I dont. I have hidden my pot smoking from most people in my life, and i dont want to hide anymore. Thank You to God for my Strength and Thank you to all ex pot heads for sharing their stories. I believe we all enjoyed our high and it is time to move on to enjoy the high life has to offer. Do not be afraid. be honest with yourself and others. I am embracing this detoxifying experience i will never forget it

God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen. Bless you all.

pot smokers don't dream? Ha ha what you on about? YOU may not dream but I have been smoking it for near on 20 years and can assure you smoking pot does NOT stop you dreaming! Silly!

good motivational info here.

I'm only on day 4 of NO WEED SMOKAGE and feeling overly tired and it's making me feel worthless and depressed.

..will continue to push through the laziness with the advice of others here.  After more research try Flax Seeds, lots of water, OMEGA-3 and plenty excercise and STAY POSITIVE. Living well and making good life choices has it's challenges

Thanks all

Hey there... My name is Luke... I have smoked ounces a week for 15 years straight... I started at 15 and am now 30.... I just quit about 12 days ago and YES I am sooooo tired... I can hardly even keep my eyes open... On my days off I dose off about 4 times a day.... not for long periods of time... but it feels like i'm on a sleeping pill or something.. this is all during the day.... at night I have no problem falling asleep but I wake up in sweats... absolutely SOAKING wet like i jumped in a pool then into bed.... Hopefully this goes away soon .... it really sucks...

hey guyz i just moved to canada 7 months ago and have been smoking weed ever since to forget about everything, i smoke less than a gram a day. i found the resolve to quit and have been sober for a week now. im still feeling overly fatigued, i cant focus on studying, headaches come and go and i keep feeling dizzy during the day. i know that compared to some posts here, 7 months is nothing but i have  never experienced frequent drug usage b4 that. im just lookin for some helpful advice.

thanks and hope that God help us all in our difficult times.

All of this is very helpful.  I am on day 10 and was a daily smoker for 20 years.  I can hardly stay awake at my desk job, especially in the afternoon.  I have also had extremely vivid dreams. 

The fatigue for me is the worst symptom and I can't wait until it passes.

it onI am 30 years old and have been a daily smoker since 18years old. Have made attempts to quit in past. This is now 'it' for me. I am 2 whole months into my' detox' and have never felt more tired. The fatigue has been getting worse and now interfers with my ability to function. I even take a day time nap when possible with my 2 year old!

Re: is fatigue a detox or withdrawl symptom? I am a medically trained naturopath and in truth the fatigue can be contributed to both. Yes- all forms of detox cause fatigue and YES -you are on a long term detoxification process when you quit smoking (including cigarettes / tobacco). Much more study has been done re: tobacoo use / cessation and if you spin your weed like I did this plays a role too... Basically processes kick in in the body to eliminate the 'toxic' substances (of which there are many - not just THC). These processes are inhibited with daily intake of the drug / substance. 'Suppressed' if you will. Much of this relates to enzymes that function in the liver - they can't process the intake of a drug and detox it at the same time! Eg -Enzymes are inhibited through competition for use by other substances.

My body definietly swtiches to 'detox' mode as soon as I quit pot -Every morning I wake up with a furry tongue, urinate strong smeeling wee and my feet feel swollen and sore. And yes, i wake tired. REM rebound is a common problem after quitting pot. You dream too much and cannot get a balanced good night's sleep (which needs a combination of sleep wave patterns). So this contributes to fatigue.

In addition, it is important to realise that chronic pot use actually 're -wires' the body's chemistry. ie - say it once took your brain say 7 chemical processes to reach a state of relaxation and with pot use you  by-passed these steps. Your brain needs to remember / re-train / redevelop these processes. Sometimes nutritional medicine can help. Vitamins act as precursors / cofactors in the production of brain chemicals such as serotonin, cortisol etc...

I hope my body quickly detoxes and 'rewires soon! I am yet to 'come through the other side'. I hope to hear from someone who has successfully pushed through months of detox and fatigue and now are feeling great and full of energy!

I was wondering if quitting weed after heavy usage for 12 years straight would have worse withdrawl symptoms than quitting pain killers after a few years straight(while smoking weed the whole time, of course). I remember when I quit those how bad it was. I hear people say weed isnt addicting, but it is for me, and I think it has been giving me mental issues( like an inferiority complex that i never had before)and making me sleep when I should be hanging out with my family. Plus spending $120-$140 a week is insane. The wife is kicking me out if I dont do it this time. I'm going to take a vacation while the wife and kids will be home on their vacation, and basically quit cold turkey. its time.