Hello, folks. My daughter has some stomach cramps last night. After examination, a doctor said it was an allergy. This was strange to me. Is it possible for stomach cramps to be symptoms of an allergy? I would really like to know that. Your answers are important for me. Bye, folks!

Hi, there. Allergies can manifest in different ways. If stomach cramps were only symptom of your daughter, then I think it is not enough to tell that they are due to an allergy. Maybe your daughter has some rash that she hasn’t noticed. Perhaps, that doctor discovered that. You can never tell. If the cramps do not reduce, you should take your daughter again to the hospital. You can even ask a second opinion. Demand an explanation! I hope everything will be all right.

Here is one thought on stomach cramps. Stomach cramps, high blood sugar and ketones can be a bad mix. What did your daughter eat? Has she ever eaten that before? Could she be constipated? How is her behavior? Does she act tired? Drink more? Potty more? Eat more?
My daughter use to have bunches of food allergies and her stomach hurt for what appeared to be no reason. I later found out that it was likely because her ketones were high. The doctor believed it to be allergies. Fourteen months ago she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.