Hello, guys. I have dislocated my joint two times in my life. The orthopedist told me that the third time would be an indication for a surgery. I would like to know if surgery can fix shoulder injury. I would really appreciate all your advises. Thanks in advance for all your help, guys.

Hello. There are two types of surgical procedures that can be done. First one is arthroscopy. Within this method, an instrument, thin like a pencil, is inserted in a joint. It can be connected with TV and in that way a orthopedist can view the joint from the inside. Other smaller instruments can be placed there and make some smaller repairs. Second surgical technique is open surgery. It shows better results than arthroscopy does. Surgical procedures can be related to risks, but on the other hand they are sometimes very helpful. Feel free to talk to your orthopedist about your options. Good luck!