Hi everyone. I read the board prior to going into surgery on Friday 1-4-08. I was really nervious but was reminded that everyones body heals differently. So far - not so bad.... The one thing that does confuse me is that my doctor gave me a drip of some drug which is to be in for the first 5 days for pain. It goes directly into the foot. Must be working because I'm not feeling much pain. I'm also on pain medicine and I'm keeping ice on it. Why hasn't anyone else mentioned this??? He also inserted something else on the side of my foot to reduce the flexibility in my foot so my bunion does not return. (So we pray - or at least I do). None of the previous messages mention either of the two. Has anyone else had this done???? Oh yeah - after operation and I was completely drugged up, they pulled my pants up to the thigh and then left me to put my shirt on.... I jumped out of bed at one point and put pulled my pants up. I think they freaked when they saw me standing there on both feet... Opps. I also only remember the doctor telling me I have really good bones.... I don't know if that plays a part in recovery as well. I have a dr appointment monday and will be alert enough to remember what he says this time.... Anxious to hear what others say.... THANKS and will keep all posted....

I had bunion surgery on Dec. 21st, 2007, approximately 3 weeks ago, so I would like to talk with others who have had recent surgery. It seems that the technique I did, is radically different than the one they did 7 years ago - I had a triangulated bunionectomy and a surgical screw has been inserted. After three weeks, I still have swelling and minor pain. I never really had major pain post-op because the foot was so swollen and I was drugged up. But now, I feel mobility in my toe joint, and since the foot is still swollen, I am still apprehensive about walking with full-weight bearing. Please tell me how you are recovering.

I had surgery done in Beverly Hills, just choice and availability of my doctor's schedule so I was in a hopsital gown and there was no funny stuff of clothes being pulled up or taken off, or put on. It was a nice experience.

I recommend it and am optimistic in 6 months I will be ready to dance again!