I would like to know if living in dirty filthy conditions can cause a 2 year old child to keep getting impetigo? He sleeps on the floor that his mom does not clean. everything is spilled on the carpet and it is never cleaned up. there is leftover food for days bringing flies. Dirty diapers and Spoiled bottles are scatterd throughout all the other trash in the room all the time. Can this cause impetigo?

Son accuses me of having dirty house causing 4 yr old granddaughter mosquito bites of turning to infintigo! My house isn't spotless but not filthy! Can dirty house cause this?

Impetigo is very common in children, and normally nothing to worry about, my son caught it from a tiny scratch he had on his leg... which he must of then itched. It is VERY common in children and is usually caused by them scratching a cut, bite, wound, or similar, and the bacteria is passed from under their nails or something simple like that, infecting an otherwise harmless break in healthy skin. Dirty conditions would help this very contagious skin issue to persist, or may cause it in the beginning. If it was reoccurring, Id look at environment, otherwise its just 'one of those things' kids get grubby hands, playing outside, touching everything then itching mosquito bites (: