hi, i'm 22 years old and have been suffering from sore throats and tonsil stones for a while now. my tonsils have always been pritty huge and i'm now totally fed-up of them. i've got a consultation at ENT clinic next month to see if i'm a candidate for a tonsillectomy.

i was wondering if anybody has suffered from post-op vomiting after their tonsillectomy? i had a nasty experience when i was v young after having my adenoids removed where i chucked up a whole lot of blood. i really don't fancy having the same thing happen to me again!

i have been under aneasthetic 4 times before and have felt fine after all the other occasions, so i assume i'm not allergic to the aneasthetic.

i would be grateful for people to share any positive/negative experiences!

The only reason you'd be vomitting blood would be if the tonsil sockets continued to bleed after the surgery... but with modern medicine they are usually able to cauterize it (burn) which stops bleeding instantly. Just remember not to force any large or hard pieces of food down your throat during recovery.

take care
The Guru

Did you have your procedure and if so, did you have any trouble? I'm 50 and having this procedure next Wednesday and I'm a little antsy. Any advice?

I had absolutely the WORST case of nausea, (at least it seemed like it), i couldn't even move until they gave me anti-nausea medication through the iv line. They gave me anti-nausea tablets to take home with me because of that and holy god was i sick when i ran out. Just keep the anti nausea meds handy, you'll need them.