can you drink after a gall bladder and hernia op

Eventually.

Don't even consider touching alcohol until you are completely through any and all medications. Mixing alcohol with a pain med could be fatal.

Once you've recovered you should be able to drink in moderation but ideally you should check with your doctor. He knows the details on your specific situation.

Don't rush it, please!

I totally agree with medic-dan! I know that you're probably excited to get back to drinking but especially with gallbladder surgery your system needs time to recover so please go slowly and drink after you're much more ready. What do you think?

Really all your gall bladder surgery does is help in the digestion of fat. So when you eat fatty foods and it is not being digested properly you get that in your intestine and it does hurt pretty bad. So you are doing good by cutting out the red meat and eggs (which both contain a lot of fat) and just keep on a very low fat diet. Also, ask your doctor what they recommend because they do know what they are talking about :). This is just my advice from formal education. Good Luck I hope you feel better!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Well I think the reason why we're recommending not to do any drinking immediately post op because your body needs to recover first, although you are also right about the fatty foods. What did you major in?

I agree, the body needs time to recover. I think we are in too much of a hurry to get back to 'normal' and forget we have had invasive procedures and large amounts of medications. Don't be in a hurry, give your body the rest comfort it needs to repair itself.