Hello.
Has anyone any ideas how to lose stomach fat after gall bladder removal.
I only weigh 115 pounds but I now have a roll of fat under my ribs and a fat stomach.
thank you :-(

i got that after i had my gallbladder removed too. i just did a bunch of ab evercises to get rid of it, make sure you do cardio too so it burns fat

You will be unable to lose just fat from your stomach. The best way to lose weight is to make sure that the amount of calories you are eating is less than the amount of calories that you burn.

You should be sure to also try exercise so that you can keep the amount of calories that you burn higher than the amount of calories that you consume. Find something that you love to do! Please let us know how things turn out.

i lost fat off of my stomach actually..by doing cardio, weight training and abdominal workouts. i have been doing this for yrs as i train for softball with personal trainers.

Well I am slightly relieved to hear other people are struggling with weight since having their gall bladder removed.  I have always kept a trim figure and been fairly careful with my diet before, so shocked the doctors & hospital when I had the massive attack (& myself actually).  I had no idea I even had stones.  So severe that it was poisoning my pancreas and liver, so had to come out.  Have only had one small similar painful event since op and visited my GP.  He gave me some temp medication to see how it go.  Haven't had any other problems, but really freaking out a bit about gaining weight.  Starting to gain especially around tummy, bum & thighs.  NOT HAPPY.  I'm just this week getting into some more serious exercise, and looking to do something I enjoy - sounds crazy, but I love skating so I'm going to aim to do a good work out of that weekly to work out those areas and actually enjoy it.   Good Luck everyone.  It really isn't something that anyone talks about - gaining weight after gall bladder.  Most people are in denial about watching their diet at all afterwards....

SL

i too had my gallbladder removed about 2 years ago. And the weight seemed to gain very rapidly. I understand that you should work more calories off then you eat but most people dont do that and they gain maybe 10 pounds a year. Me i was gaining that about every 2 months. IM back to a heavy cardio workout and have only lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. So im looking into maybe getting some of those bile pills ive heard about to see if that helps. but yes i guess its not just me, and your not alone.