Hello! I have visited doctor yesterday and he told me that I have cryptic tonsillitis. I have never faced before with this type of tonsillitis and I hope that you will explain to me what cryptic tonsillitis is. I have searched for answer, but I did not find anything. I really hope that you will be able to help me with this. Thanks!

Hello! I assume that you already have chronic tonsillitis. Well, regarding cryptic tonsillitis I can tell you next: as you may know tonsils have many small "pockets" which are called crypts. Well, these crypts can trap small amounts of food. When that happens, then bacteria grow and you can see small white stones which cause bad breath from your mouth.

I am under the impression that I have chronic cryptic tonsillitis. I vomited earlier today, and I think that it is connected somehow. But I don't know how they could be connected. Is nausea/vomiting a symptom, or is it something else I should be worried about?