Hello! My friend has tonsillitis and I have visited her few days ago. I do not know if I am hypochondriac or not, but I think that I feel same symptoms as she felt at the beginning. So, I want to ask you can tonsillitis be contagious. I think that she told me that she has virus tonsillitis. What that means? Thank you!

Hello! I will explain you virus tonsillitis first. This kind of tonsillitis is caused by some virus. Regarding the fact that tonsillitis is disease which is spreading through air (infected person sneezing and coughing and on that way throwing out drops), then I can tell you for sure that it is contagious.

Tonsillitis is inflammation of your tonsils. And as that I am not sure if the contagion is really possible. What kind of symptoms do you have? II know that people usually have problems with swallowing and problems with ear pain. Many also have problems with their voices, headaches, fevers and sore throats. In my opinion I think that you are safe and that you have nothing to worry about. However if you notice some of these symptoms you might try to see a doctor to confirm the tonsil infection and you should begin your treatment as soon as possible. I think that you should use antibiotics for the treatment but you can also gargle with warm salt water.