I am 15 years old and I ned information about clotrimazol metabolite.I use canesten cream for treatment of my skin infection caused by fungi. It is located on my feet, that kind calls tinea pedis. I think that clotrimazole which is active component in canesten has a metabolite that affects its efficiency. As I apply cream on my feet and between the toes, I think that sweat can react with clotrimazol and inactivate it. What should I do to prevent that?

You should wash and dry your feet properly before you apply the cream on it. Fungi infections are usually present in areas where sweating is a problem. You should try with clotrimazol spray or powder that may decrease sweating. Clotrimazole is effective antifungal drug when used properly. It stops producing ergosterol in fungi cell, which is their essential component. Just be patient, fungi infections sometimes need to be treated for months.