Friend of mine is HIV positive. I have to admit, it took a lot of time for me to learn to live normally knowing this. And when I finally did learn, I felt very ashamed. I mean if it took me some time, how does he feel? Did he accept the fact that he has a serious disease? Anyway, I saw him the other day, we talked a bit. He said that the situation is not that good. He was diagnosed with fungal infections on lungs??? I wonder if there's anything else that could go wrong for him. So, is this new disease connected to his existing one?

Yes, it is. His entire organism is weakened by HIV virus that destroys immune system. It can also emerged in patients undergoing long term antibiotic and/or corticosteroid therapy (in these cases illness is called Candida albicans). In your friend's case it is probably lungs Aspergillosis, caused by Aspergilloma, fungus that grows in area where there was illness before, thus easily defeating the immune system.