Hi all I was 17 when I started smoking cannabis daily and smoked quite a lot a day, I'm now 27 I never missed a day in that 10 years that I didn't smoke... I gave up smoking it 6 months ago and I still can't remember what happens the day before and am always having fights with my girlfriend cause I'm always not bothered about anything and seem to have a massive lack of emotion. I don't want to be like this and was the main reason I gave up, I was never like this before I smoked and thought that it was just the fact I was smoking that made me like it, now I've quit for 6 months and don't feel any different, I still feel light headed at times have blurred vision and can't concentrate on anything longer than 5 mins and forget important things all the time, I really feel like I have screwed my brain up and I'm scared I will never get back to normal, i so wish I never smoked in the first place... I was like everyone else and thought the entire time that cannabis was harmless and that I'm just lazy and emotionless because I was still smoking and that if I stopped it would all go back to normal, well It hasn't so far!!! About 3 months ago I found out my sister had breast cancer my parents and everyone were shocked and scared for her, I didn't feel anything and knew this isn't right and it scared me, I love my sister but I just can't seem to feel any emotions... So I guess what I'm asking is has anyone ever gone through this and eventually it does all go back to normal or have I screwed my life up and now im an emotionless zombie?

hey guy don't let your mind play tricks on you, you control your life and destiny.  I smoked cannabis from the age of 17-18 yrs to the age of 47 yrs old (thats approx 30 yrs of smoking) when i was settling down and was having babies and a family.  I just stopped everything cold and never smoked it again, but i think abut it from time to time.  Just express your emphathy to your sisters situation and try to help her with anything and everything.  She isyour sister and you may need each other in this crazy life we live.  And look on the bright side of things you quit smoking.  I had no problems and I was a heavy smoker too.

solrak

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use