i have been smoking cannabis since the age of 14 and i'am now 21. i recently stopped smoking in the new year. i have felt depressed before i stoped and after. im currently in university and i have been failing my exams repeatedly because i fill i can never remeber anything. I'm thinking that i might as wll start again because i fill much worse not smoking it and seem to think to much. I dont think i can continue uni because i can't concentrate. My brain fells dead already so i might as well contiue smoking. I fell i have alrady thrown my life away at a young age :'( . i have crazy bmood swings and i feel that i need a splif to carm me down because i fell it actually those.......

Don't give up! If you need some support you can seek help with a group. Try Alcoholics or Marjiuana Anonymous. Far from losers, these people have recovered from the serious throes of addiction and can help you. Try to keep off the stuff and get to a meeting of MA or AA and see what happens.

I used weed for 20 years in much greater quantity than you describe. I then stopped suddenly and had no withdrawal effects save that I missed getting a pleasant buzz. Sigh. I suspect that your problems are more related to the strain of attending a university than an actual withdrawal. Without the weed to pad you from the world, you probably are more emotionally sensitive than normal, but that should level out soon.

Secondarily, I did have occasional (about 3 altogether) dreams of smoking weed and/or drinking alcohol, but they stopped within a year. I quit drinking alcohol about 2 months before giving up weed. The alcohol was infinitely more difficult.

Hey there guys stopping anything in life is a very hard thing. If you stopped 1 day , then that becomes 7 days , you just have to remind yourself that another day is moving forward. Eventually its a month then hopefully its a year. I was looking at the volume and reasons for people smoking . I myself do smoke. Im 30 right now and far as i remember i started at 17 maybe.
What is weird is when i see people smoke people have different effects. For instance my brother would smoke, sit on the play station , eyes red, loose concentration and then when i turn around he is sleeping. Now me i will smoke, then i will start producing music , or edit someone's wedding photos. So basically i am working on very important stuff on the computers and not really in that stoned feeling. It relaxes me but i don't get that symptoms that everyone normally gets. I had 2 top 5 hits in Europe i smoked through all the work. ( i don't get out of my face but one mistake or delete the wrong file , hours of recording can end up a mess) or lately photographing a wedding which i cannot explain how on the ball you have to be. the wedding pictures have been viewed and im told they are the best anyone has seen. I smoked during the editing of them as well. Loosing someone's wedding pictures is not an option > so its weird how it effects different people. I guess wanting to stop is a hard thing , your friends around you or your surroundings can make it difficult . For 10 years i had my own recording studio a separate building with 2 internal rooms at the bottom of the garden ,soundproofed, with the works playstation , wide screen and full recording studio, you can imagine when i was younger having small parties in there or even alone, make as much noise as you want its hard to sit there and not smoke. So who your with and where you are can be a challenge. I guess chewing gum, fresh fruit , mineral water are great resources to have while stopping any habit. Those who have given up well done , those trying, keep going you already have stopped, Those thinking set your dos and don'ts about it . My doctors and family know i smoke, It is nothing to be proud off. medically the doctors say its a different reaction to me, and was being monitored on it , You see in films when they show cannabis users, they laugh and things like that , that's something i have no experienced it has different effects. To me i still do serious work while smoking that it does not effect rather than play computer games. For me id say financially it would be a great thing to stop, i bet its a habit that costs thousands when you think of the cigarettes and rizla as well. medically i guess we won't know until the future what it can do, but i run 2 companies from home have a 10 year relationship and very positive in life and that's smoking during the time, Which was not the right according to the doctors. i think they haven't really heard of a smoker who is doing well in life without any problems ( don't get me wrong you get little day to day problems, but nothing compared to what they write about. Ill pick my day to stop , very soon. As i want to have kids ( get it all out of my system first )
Good luck to everyone What ever you are stopping

Maybe you're failing your exams because you think that "feel" is spelt "fill." I don't think there is a university student in the world who could make that mistake (and twice, so it wasn't just a simple mistake). And then you spell it "fell" two times after that. To be honest, I don't even believe you're in university. Don't blame the weed. A lot of people who smoke weed like to put all the blame on the weed just as an escape from reality. Marijuana just gets you high for a little while, it doesn't make decisions and one can easily live a successful and fulfilling life while smoking it regularly.

A message for the guest who slated the university guy. What are you doing? The person is clearly reaching out to someone who will listen and for your information, weed does affect your thinking, hence all the side affects you can get from it. Marijuana does help to make decisions because when faced with having to make that decision and you are smoking a spliff, your judgement is somewhat clouded and therefore you are not thinking clearly, which could make the answer you come up with, the wrong one. Maybe thats just too much for some people to comprehend. So in summary, before you think about slating someone again and trying hard to be the funny person because you think it's cool, DONT BOTHER.

I was a chronic weed smoker since the age of 14 until the age of 21. I thought I would smoke forever. I met and fell in love with someone who didn't smoke weed, so I stopped smoking. It was really easy, I had no withdrawls or cravings. Occasionally I will smoke with long lost friends, but it is never a off the wagon scenario. I believe if you find a reason not to smoke and hangout with the right crowd quitting is fairly easy. I do ultimately agree, alcohol is far more difficult to kick...need some help their....