Has anyone any suggestions on how I can move forward after the loss of my Dad ? It`s been two and a half years now . We where a very close family . Myself my brother and my Dad . My mum left years ago . so my beautiful Dad reared us , put us through school and college . He got sick very quickly and passed away within a few weeks . It was a huge shock . The first year went by in shock and the second we did grieve more . I feel i have lost my best friend , both parents in one . |And I feel grief stricken and everyone is moving on except me . I miss him so much and dont know how to lift my spirt anymore .

This is a tough one. Not knowing your age and the age of your brothers, it's hard to say much.

By this time, most people are making new relationships and remembering their loved one, but not greiving so much of the time.

If you are having trouble moving on, try speaking with a counselor, possibly a religious advisor or grief counselor in your mental health clinic.

Good luck.
It does get better.

Thank You for posting Kevin . Much appreciated .

Hi, I understand and empatise with your loss, and the pain inside you feel.  I lost my father few years ago, he too was my best friend.  I lost him due to illness., I was there to see every part of his pain.  This in turn helped with some parts of my grief as I believe that no one should have to live in pain like he did.  Going through all the emotions have been difficult but I have understood them to be necessary in dealing with the loss.  At first I was angry, how could such a wonderful man be taken away, then the other stages of grief happened over time.  What ive found most important is what someone once told me is that you will never ever forget or get over it but you will get through it.  Time is the teacher, it does heal however you have to be prepaired to cry when you feel it, dont suppress your emotions.  If you want  a good howl then do it.  Also dont forget, talk about him to people, bring out favourite parts of your life you have shared with one another, old pictures, cards, letters  watch home movies if you have them etc.  I still have days that I just bawl and its been over three years however its ok. You need to remind yourself that its ok too., and that just because its been a while since hes died doesnt mean your love has or the memories you have shared, so nor should the pain in losing him.  Just dont punish yourself for that sadness but remember when you look up into the heavens that hes probably similing down on you and asking you to smile for him, he would want you to remember him healthy and happy and for you to be happy too. , get some hugs too from people you love., that can be  something you need too..  

Hello!  I lost my dad five years ago after a lengthy illness.  I tried lots of things during the first six months that didnt work.  First, cut yourself some slack...don't compare yourself with anyone else!  It may sound silly but I bought balloons and whenever I struggled, would write a note to my Dad, roll it up, stick it in the balloon, blow up the balloon and let it go.  I don't know your "spiritual" situation but for me, I had to give myself permission to be angry at God for my Dad's loss.  I would actually have one sided conversations and vent.  Hearing myself say how I felt, how I was hurting, - hearing it out loud, helped me to get perspective.  I know it probably sounds weird.  The other thing I did that REALLY helped, is I bought a journal and whenever I felt moved to do so, would write down memories of my Dad, stories of my Dad, things like that.  It did help.  Your dad must have been an awesome man!  A part of him will always live on in you!  Thinking good thoughts for you today!