hi guys I just need some advice.Its about my dad he don't really understand how i feeland because of that I was really depressed to the point I want to die. my dad and I are not really close to each other but I do care for him, it's just I can't show him because his so moody. Sometimes hes nice but sometimes hes not.. I don't understand him. Also whenever I make a note not make a mess in our because I just cleaned the house he would get angry and on top of that he sometimes curse me. But hes not like that before when we are still in our country but when we moved to Canada he became grumpy all the time. He s always argue that we became like this because we learn to much or like we just have the previlage to go to school. Because he didn't finish his college. I think hes making himself down and blaming to us, my brother and I. It is so hard to deal with him,sometimes i dont talk to him becauase he might get angry again and complain about me and what I've been doing. Actually he never compliment me thats why sometime i get jelous of my brother because they both like basketball..what should I do? Am I the one whose wrong?

Your not wrong, I had the same feeling with my mom but what I learn is that love,care,trust, and believe all comes at diffent times .. So you just wait for the time to come if not then try to bound with him and see how that works out

First of all - lean close to the monitor so I can give you a hug!!!! There is NOTHING a child can do to make his/her parent like that! This is HIS alone, obviously he is VERY depressed. And blaming everyone close to him - as how is he supposed to change "this" he is probably old school and he doesn't have a CLUE how to change things! Believe me, he IS hurting about the distance between you both, as parents we don't dream of our futures for our children and think 'Oh I'm sure he/she wont have a bloody thing to do with me" It's about giving our children what we didn't get! Be it love, tenderness, understanding, knowledge, items etc. I was severely abused as a child - from my mother - we actually HATED each other! It wasn't till I had my own child that she apologized and tried to explain WHY? It wasn't until then and with the help of other family members that I knew that she was a VERY hurt child in a grown woman's body! I PROMISED my boys, myself that they would NEVER feel one ounce of what I had to endure - and they have NOT! Which was VERY hard for me - as I didn't have the tools to turn it around! But I would be DAMNED that history would repeat itself! Be responsible for yourself honey, and when or if you can (safely) ever tell him how you feel, or even writing him a letter telling him how he is hurting you! Children think of the adults in their lives as they are supposed to have answers for everything. We DON'T - we are children in grown bodies, that don't have a CLUE how to handle most things - we just deal with it the best way we can! BUT that is your DAD'S issue for HIM to figure out! I would definitely advise you to write to him, and to talk to a counselor at school or even on here! So HUGS honey and know you are NOT alone (unfortunately). Your dad DOES love you, he's just going through some REALLY DEEP things that you can't help him with! HUGS!