Hi, I need some advise how to get my child to sleep? She wouldn’t listen to me, and always finds some reasons why she would stay up. Isn’t she tired in the evening?

Hi, I know how you must be feeling. It is so exhausting for both me and my husband to deal with our children not willing to go to the sleep. We are too tired for playing little games with them. We are trying to establish consistent bedtime rituals. My children are starting to realize that things are going on while they are asleep. And they keep asking questions about cartoons that were given while they were asleep. Your child may also think that when he is said ‘It’s time for bed,’ he can still negotiate with you. Or they may feel lonely and have fear when being left all alone in their beds.

I am right there with you. I am a divorced mom of two. My oldest is 4 years old and has always hated bedtime. I have been fighting with him for 4 years to go to bed at bedtime. We have a routine and I don't allow sugar or caffine after 3 in the afternoon. He gets a bath and gets a story. We play till I can't play no more. He gets a bedtime snack and some warm milk and takes his meds (which are suppose to make him sleepy..yeah right). I put him in bed and he will make excuses. He is either thursty, scared, starts coughing, has to pee, forgot to tell someone goodnight.....and the list goes on. It has gotten to the point where I find myself being mean and just putting him in his bed and shutting the door. I can hear him screaming and he tells me I am a mean mommy but he really does have to learn to get himself to sleep. All the Dr can say is just keep putting him in his bed and make him stay there. She said eventually he will fall asleep and usually he does fall asleep but sometimes it is after up to an hour of crying. My sons problem is that his little brother is usually still awake and he knows I am still going to be up as well as my parents who live below us and he just wants to visit with all of us until we go to bed.