Hi, I suffer from supraventricular tachycardia for 7 years, and it is becoming frequent. I have it almost every day, and I’m afraid it will only get worse. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Hi, supraventricular tachycardia is a disorder of heart rhythm, when the beating is much faster than it should be. It usually doesn’t last long, it begin and ends quickly. However, it can become very frequent, and it indicates that something serious is happening. It can sometimes last over 10 days, and one of the options is electroshocks. I heard that anticoagulants can be very helpful in treating supraventricular tachycardia, but if you want to use them, you will have to consult your doctor first. There are many causes of supraventricular tachycardia, and each one requires an adequate treatment. Most frequent causes are poor oxygen flow to the heart, electrolyte imbalances, lung diseases and structural abnormalities of a heart. I hope you’ll solve your problem soon.

Hi, im really new at this but i just need advice. I'm an 18 year old female, who was just recently diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia, and boy has it been scary. I had chest pains, shortness o breath, palpitations, numbness in my fingers, and i just felt awful. When I was finally diagnosed, i went to a clinic in florida to have a catheater ablation done, to burn the extra node i had, causing me all this trouble. When the procedure was over, the doctor told me that he didn't get everything, but i should not experience any more problems, despite this procedure being sucessul 95% of the time. After a few weeks, i still thought my heart was racing and my hand and feet would start racing. I went back to the doctor, and he told me to take a stress test. My stress test showed that everything was back to normal. I have been taking beta blocker medicines for about 1 month now, and am basically suffering from anxiety, because o all i have went through. i hope im ok, but i still worry that my heart my race again or might simply just stop.. anyone have any advice or encouragement? :-(

hi!!, im new at this but anyway, im an 18 yr old female, who was recently diagnosed with SVT. i was suffering from chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, numbness of fingers, and i just felt terrible. After all this, my doctor advised that i get a procedure done called catheter ablation, where they tried to burn this extra node i had, causing these rapid beats. After my produre my doctor told me that he didn't get everything, despite the procedure being 95% efective. HOwever, he told me that he might have gotten enough so that i wouldnt experience previous symptoms. I was then put on a beta blocker, just to ensure that my heart would not speed up. After about 2 weeks though, i was informed i was suffering from anxiety, and my hands and feet would get cold and start to sweat. My doctor then advised that i do a stress test. My results proved that my heart was now beating properly and that i should be fine. However, i still find myself worried that my heart might speed up again, or might even stop. Is this anxiety or could this be possible. I just dont know anymore. Does anyone have any advice, or simply any motivation? :-( Thanx!