I have got flu and I guess some complications occurred so my doctor recommended me some blood and urine tests. I have done it few days ago and my results came back not so happy. My doctor told me I have protein in urine which is needed to be examined better. This made me interested into this subject, so I want to know what does protein in urine means.

This condition with protein in urine, as your tests showed, is called proteinuria. Also it is known as albuminuria, which may cause renal failure. However, the level of protein is at ++ or higher. Urine test is not enough to say renal failure. It can only require further testing, which your doctor recommended already. High protein diets can cause muscle break down and it is very hard on the renal system and that means your kidneys. Further investigation is required because it is needed to ascertain your true health status. Using urine test is quick and inexpensive way to check for protein in urine. That is one of the tests that can be done in the privacy of everyone’s home. Proteinuria can be benign or pathological; benign is caused by postural, excessive exercise, high or low temperature, and pregnancy. Pathologic can be caused by internal factors such as colitis, liver chirrhosis, and cardiac insufficiency; and renal, which are pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis.

i have a continuous sore throat it feels like it burns i am a smoker and itn only got sore after i was using a puffer