Hey,

I'm dealing with some acne that I'd really like to get under control. So, I have been looking into products to use to make it better and this CeraVe hydrating cleanser came up. Before purchasing, I'd love to hear from people who use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser and have acne as well, or people who have used this in the past. Would you review this for me, tell me the pros and cons and what your skin looked like after using it for a while, so I can decide whether this is the right cleanser for me or I still need to keep looking?

Thanks!

I have used lots of different cleansers, including others by Cerave that didn't work for me, and am now using this one. It is really nice. I have drier skin myself, and this feels like enough that it blends onto your skin like a lotion, yet leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. It's gentle and just right for my skin. I will say though, that I do not have acne. You asked about this cleanser in people who do have acne, so I can't speak about that part. Hopefully someone else will be able to share her experiences with you, but as for me, my review of this cleanser is totally positive.

I use Cerave hydrating cleanser too. Tried their foaming cleanser originally and bought this when I couldn't find it. Turns out I actually like this one better. It's gentle and feels nice while using it as well as making your skin feel clean and soft afterwards. I have mild acne and I won't lie, this cleanser is no magic answer, but I do feel it has a decent place in an overall good skincare plan. It's certainly not adding to my acne and that is already very good news. It may even be helping but I can't say for sure.

CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser is a good product. It is well loved by people who have combination skin to dry skin that is also very sensitive. It works well for some people with rosacea, for instance. The cleanser adds additional moisture to your skin and can truly give you the boost you need. 

This cleanser is not normally recommended for people with acne, as that is simply not the target group for this cleanser. If I were you, I would be looking for a cleanser that is specifically recommended for people who do have acne prone skin, as you will find this better for your needs. 

CeraVe makes great cleansers. For people with acne, rather than using their hydrating cleanser, their foaming cleanser is a better choice. I have used this myself, along with Cetaphil, and it definitely doesn't clog the pores and is very gentle on the skin. Sometimes, products specifically labeled as being suitable for people with acne are actually too harsh and dry the skin, but this one doesn't, even though it is also suitable for people with drier skin types.

So, I have both rosacea and cystic acne. When someone recommended this cleanser to me, I was rather skeptical! I have tried countless cleansers with very bad overreactions on my skin, so yeah, I lost faith that anything would work for me. But it has been very gentle on my skin. It has not made matters worse. The acne is slightly better, even. That's saying a lot coming from me, with what I've gone through with my skin. If I were you, I would not hesitate to try it out and if you like it then just keep on using it!

Celebrity

I have tried CeraVe's hydrating cleanser myself. Because I have very dry and sensitive skin, many products just end up being irritating and causing more dryness. This one does not. It did not for me, anyway. It cleanses nicely without leaving any irritation or redness, or inflammation, and one single pump is really quite enough to wash the face effectively. It is not often that I end up being a fan of commercial products like this one, but though I have since switched to a different cleansing method, the oil cleansing method, I would not say anything bad about this hydrating cleanser at all. 

Rosie