I have very mild acne, in fact my skin was totally clear for like 3 weeks and now I'm having a breakout again. I never have more than like 5 pimples on my face at the time and they usually heal within 24 hours. If there is anyone else who used Proactiv and disliked it please let me know. Thanks everyone!

Yes, I have used Proactiv too and found it only works for a short time then the breakouts come back. I figure this is what will happen with the dermafina as well, because it happened with Murad too, except that one it actually ended up making my skin worse. I suppose eventually our skin will just become immune to them and you will have to move onto another one.

I used proactiv as well and had mixed results. Mainly it irritated my skin quite a bit. It made it dry and itchy. I figured out it was the cleanser (i think due to the concentration of benzoyl peroxide). Anyway long story short I couldnt use the cleanser as often as i was supposed to because of the skin irritation and cutting down made my breakouts come back. I had much better success with products that did not use benzoyl peroxide, and are made to moisturize the skin as a second effect.
Currently using a product called SALISES from SeSderma for about 3 months. Works great, and no complaints so far.

I've used proactiv for one complete year, and has never caused irritation. I stoped for about 5 months and the agony of acne broke out again, mostly tiny pimples. Then decided to go back onto the product, so my amazement the pimples are disappearing slowly, its strange I've been using this new set for 5 days now. My skin feels much smoother now...A suggestion when using proative, use an SPF
(I use SPF60) followed by Nivea face cream just to add some moisture.
Every person has different side effects and some dont at all. So far I am happy with the product.

i used it too ... while was on it my face was very clear and nice , after i sptopped it it came back as soo as i stoped and worst than when i first got it

ProActiv can work for awhile but benzoyl peroxide (BP), the active ingredient in ProActiv, can induce bacterial resistance in the skin. In other words, it kills the acne bacteria for a while (usually a few months) until the bacteria become resistant to it and it no longer works.

products containing salicylic acid work better and don't cause bacterial resistance. If you can couple your salicylic acne product with a high strength alpha hydroxy acid product it will provide even greater benefit as AHAs not only exfoliate the skin but also have anti-acne properties. Ask your mom if she has any such products. In order to work, they should be at least 10% acid and with a pH of 3.5 or less. (pH is VERY important in skin care because as it gets closer to 4 you will have almost no penetration in the skin). Salicylic peels from derms or estheticians are good for acne as well.

make sure to wash your face every morning and night and, preferably, after you exercise. If you are diligent, that will help your acne a lot by itself.

I used ProActiv for nearly 2 years and stopped because it just was not working anymore. It does work for a period of time, but after that it is a waste of money. I am so tired of having acne at 25!!

I'm so tired of acne! My face, back, and chest hurts and is itchy all the time! I've been to several dermatologists, I've had injections before (which hurt more than words can explain when a needle is stuck into the sore acne bumps as it is!). I've tried all over the counter products including ProActiv. I've changed my diet. I drink nothing but water. No one can explain to me why I continue to have breakouts on my face, back, and chest. When talking about lowering self esteem, I understand! I wish there was some way I can get rid of it. Even since I was 13 I've suffered from acne. Now at 22, I have no advise for acne products for any of you cause unfortunately I've had no luck myself! :-(

i had problems with acne so i got proactive and started to use it...i stopped using it for like 2 weeks because i wasnt getting the results that i wanted and then i had a very bad breakout so i started using it again...i used it and the next day my face was all red and blotchy...i was wondering y proactive did this because i have used it for a while and it has never done this before ?