Now the fall is setting in again I am really noticing that my skin is drier than it was before. The cheek area and the forehead are especially affected. To be honest I am a low maintenance girl LOL I clean my face with just soap. Of course I heard that is like the worst thing to do. 

Looking for knowledgeable people who can tell me what face wash to buy that will improve my dry skin + cleansing tips off course. I am open to anything natural or commercial and cheap or expensive. I should add that my skin always had seasonal changes but I have never seen it this dry.

Thank you.

Country girl

My skin is much the same as yours. After trying numerous different products with very mixed results, I came across tons of very positive reviews of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. Of course I was skeptical at first (nothing else had worked that well, so why should this?) but I did purchase it. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is reasonably priced, and it leaves my skin feeling very well hydrated — which is exactly what you are looking for as well.

My skin tends towards dry year round... not fun. I have discovered even though it is very dry, my skin still needs regular cleansing like any other skin. You do not want dry skin AND pimples. The trick is to look for soap and alcohol free cleansers that do not make your skin any worse. You need to stay away from scented products as well. The "medical" brands that you buy from the pharmacy do the best job. Just look for something else if you feel so tight you dream that you have had a face lift.

Some products you may like to try for your dry skin include:

* Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser
* Cetaphil
*Lancome Comforting Milky Cream Cleanser
* Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil

Cleansing tips... you want make sure you do not make your skin angry. First start off by dampening your skin with lukewarm water. Then apply your cleanser. Use your hand or a very gentle cloth, and do not rub your skin harshly as if you are trying to remove your skin. Clean off with water again. And when you are done, do dry your face to avoid drying it out further through air drying, but tap it rather than rubbing it with your towel.

It might sound weird, but I actually make my own. I use castile soap, sesame oil, and honey, along with water to dilute it oil. I read about this on some blog ages ago and gave it a shot. You have to have a dispenser. In it, mix water, followed by the castile soap, then honey and finally the oil. You can use any oil you prefer, I just like the way the sesame oil smells. When you've got it, just pump a few pumps out and take your time massaging it into the skin before wiping it away with a paper towel and then washing your face with warm water. After your face is clean, add your favorite night cream and go to sleep. It's really that simple.

I am incredibly happy with the way my face looks using this regimen, so I wanted to share it with you and hope it will make your skin less dry as well.

I used to suffer from dry skin, and some changes in my face care routine have made all the difference. I got the tips from a dermatologist. Maybe they can benefit you.

Use a gentle cleanser without perfumes, minimize your time in the bathroom, and do not use water that is too hot. Use moisturizer right after you wash and dry your face. Do not leave your skin without nourishment! For this, natural oils such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, and even lanolin work best to trap the moisture inside your skin. Also, get an air humidifier for home use. After doing that (right about the same time as starting my new skin routine) my skin became much less dry.

I am now at the point where I do not have dry skin any more. I am still continuing this tried and trusted routine because I do not want dry skin again, but it is just regular maintanence now and I am chuffed with the way my skin looks.

Oh, thank you for all the tips! Now I am going from not knowing where to even start looking for a good face wash for my dry skin to not knowing which one to buy! Mmmm.... should I just choose a random wash out of the ones suggested here? Can anyone tell me which is best? Thanks for the cleansing tips as well, I think they will help a lot. Oh, any suggestions for a moisturizer for dry skin too, while I am here?

Well, the thing that's great about CeraVe hydrating cleanser is that it doesn't just make your skin LOOK well-hydrated, it makes your skin FEEL well-hydrated as well. It is more than a face wash; it also acts as a moisturizer, really. That is really what sets its apart from other face washes. On top of all of that, it only costs like $12 as well. If you are only going to buy one face wash to start off with, that is the one I would recommend hands-down.

My skin becomes really dry every winter. I got these skin care tips a few years back and they have benefited me a lot. The first one was to wash my face only once a day, whereas of course I was washing it twice a day before. As long as you don't suffer from excessive sweating, your face will be clean in the morning if you clean it at night. You only need to splash water on it in the morning, and actually hot water and then cold water to close the pores. The second was to use Argan oil as a moisturizer. It smells of ham, which some people don't like, but the moisture is absorbed by the skin really quickly and leaves your skin feeling so much more hydrated than a regular day cream.

Unfortunately, not all dry skin is the same skin. You will likely have to engage in some trial and error before finally finding a product that works how you would like it to work, and then the key is to stick to that product. I would suggest you try some of these:

• Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser — cheap and well-loved but not good for removing eye makeup. 
  • Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser — works to reduce redness and makes the skin feel very nice and soft.
  • Elemental Herbology Sensitive Delicate Cleanse — Combats itching and redness and cools the inflamed skin.