Hola!

I just turned 30 and I have a very oily facial skin. If I don't use an awful lot of powder, I look like I've just jumped out of a frying pan. I am not at all happy about it, needless to say. Though the powder does work (as long as I keep on reapplying it throughout the day :() I would be so happy to find a more permanent solution that makes me look professional and respectable. I'm thinking I should start by taking another look at the cleanser I use. Can you recommend an oil-minimizing cleanser for oily facial skin please?

Thank you so much.

OK, let's see:

• Cetaphil is well spoken of among people with oily skins. It does contain parabens, which not everyone wants to put on their skin.
  • Garnier's Fresh deep clean fash wash with mint extract is also good for oily skins. It's also supposed to prevent acne.
  • Clean & Clear's deep action oil control face wash has a good reputation too. It doesn't dry the skin out, which some oil skin cleansers do.
  • Seba Med is supposed to be good for people with problem skins in general. Their clear face cleansing foam fights oily skin, blackheads, and acne.

I hope one of these will work out great for you!

Like someone else said, Cetaphil, the oil control foam wash, is a pretty good choice. It's both gentle and effective (which, many people with oily skin also have sensitive skin), and the good thing is it's under $10 as well. I've used that in the past, but now I just got this charcoal cleanser a friend suggested. It's called Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and it apparently sucks up the impurities from your skin. I use it twice a day and it seems to do a good job. The company says it gets your skin much cleaner and that actually might be true. It actually says don't be dirty right there on the bottle, haha. Anyway, I hope this can help you.

I do have some tips.

Your sebaceous glands are working overtime when you have an oily skin, so you need to work just as hard to keep the whole operation clean and oil free. Look for products with neem oil and turmeric and cleanse your face at least three times a day.

Still, unless you also exfoliate, those dead skin cells and the dirt will build up and make breakouts and blackheads almost inevitable. You don't need to use sand paper (no, you can't do that!). Just be gentle and exfoliate twice a week.

Toner is another invaluable product if you have oily skin. It will help eliminate excess oil

Then, don't think because you have oily skin it is bad to use a moisturizer. You still need to do that. You just have to go for brands that are oil free.

I advise you to looking into "The Oil Cleansing Method". When you have oily skin and have been listening to what the commercial beauty industry has to say about that, it's easy to get the impression that oil is the enemy. It isn't. Our skin makes oil because it needs it to stay hydrated. Think putting even more oil on your skin is the worst thing you could possibly do? Think again. By massaging clean oils into your skin, you dislodge those impurities that we all hate. By just combining castor oil with an other thinner oil such as extra virgin olive oil, you get the perfect combination. OK... that's all I'll say about it here because you need to do your own research and you will find the information. It revolutionized my skin care and I am ecstatic about the way my skin looks now.

Celebrity

Just replied to another topic, but I see the same advice I gave there applies here as well. The Body Shop's Tea Tree Clearing Skin Wash is an excellent product for the acne-prone and oily skin, combined with their Tea Tree Toner. Not only is the product not tested on animals and fair trade, it does a very good job at clearing and preventing breakouts and treating the oily skin without also drying it out, which some other products have a tendency to do. As I said in the other thread, the smell can be a bit much for people who have never used tea tree oil products before, but that should be offset by the fact that it works so well.

I have used Noxzema Triple Clean Anti-Bacterial Lathering Cleanser for oily skin before, and it really helped me. It does a great job removing excess oil from the skin, and goes towards clearing up the pores as well. I actually have much less oily skin than before now, and I have moved onto a different cleanser. Now the blackheads? I still have trouble for those. After searching for a serum to knock those blackheads out of existence, I came up with The Reef Fruitamin Lightening Serum Prevent Acne Anti-blackhead Blemish Freckles. I know nothing about it and it hasn't arrived yet, but I am hopeful that it will help me.

The good news is that there are so many cleansers for acne prone skin on the market now. Wish they had been around when I was a teen with horrendous acne, LOL. I don't get acne much now, but my skin is still pretty oily. I've tried both Clear and Clean oil absorbing cream cleanser and Neutrogena naturals acne cream cleanser. Both are noncomedogenic, which means they don't trigger acne (probably why my skin is so clear these days) and have salicylic acid, which is one of those anti-acne essentials in skin care. Might seem counterintuitive to put a cream cleanser on oily skin, but they do a great job and I thought you might like them too.

Hiya,

I just wanted to share that I got the Dr Organic Tea Tree Face Wash and it's working like a dream. Very gentle, unlike some other products I have tried, yet it really seems to deep clean my skin. Blackheads, better now. Not gone, but definitely better. Full blown pimples, definitely getting less of those. And yeah, my skin's less oily. I mainly had an oily nose and forehead mind you. It doesn't just have tea tree, there is also mandarin oil, lemon oil, and witch hazel. I knew witch hazel was great for acne, didn't know mandarin oil even existed. Anyways, smells good and works well. Thumbs up.