Hi guys. I am 18 year old girl. I have a problem with my lips being chapped all the time. No matter what the weather is like, my lips are always peeling. I'm not dehydrated, I drink enough fluids. Also, I never had any problems with my skin, just the lips. I can't seem to find good balm or a chapstick that will help with the peeling and chapping of my lips. I have heard suggestion that I should also try exfoliating. I don't know if that works? I'd appreciate if anyone has any suggestions of something else I can do or try.

I honestly cannot recommend the old fashioned Vaseline enough. I too used to get this but now if I have days where it's cold or I am dehydrated my lips hurt a little, but are not obviously sore or peeling. Vaseline!

Hi. Here are few solutions that worked well for me.

As DaisyDur said Vaseline is the first solution. Works much better than any chapstick. Don't use products that contain menthol, they could dry your lips even more. water won't help. It's more likely lack of Vitamin A than the dehydration. Taking vitamin A is beneficial for skin including lips.Also, condsider exfoliating your lips with olive oil. Put the oil onto your lips, and then you should gently rub your lips with a wet wash cloth to get rid of dry skin. Olive oil makes your lips much softer. It also helps you get rid of bitten parts.

Also, this homemade solution helped me as an overnight balm: mix half a teaspoon of honey, half a teaspoon of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of castor oil. Apply this mix to your lips before bed. Or you can simply put some olive oil or coconut oil, or vaseline leave it overnight and that will help too. Try not to lick your lips too often. Use lip balm whenever you feel that your lips are dry. Hope this helps.

vaseline lip therapy does wonders